66 with 205 towing

sleeps

Reaction score
Need to tow maybe up to 10 one way from Virginia to florida. I'm running gear head tuning. Will I be alright with towing on this setup? I don't have an egt gauge and I can try to get a tow tune if there is no way around it but I'm doing the move this weekend.

04 f350

Reaction score
I would think cruising on interstate would be fine but I would be worried some if you think you'll be doing alot of stop and go traffic, prolly would be a good idea to get a tow tune, I'm sure your tuner would be able to get you one by this weekend.

scparrish

Reaction score
I wouldn't even consider towing with that setup without an egt gauge. I don't know that I would even tow anything with an egt gauge, or at least 10k.

FaSSt9602

Reaction score
How in the hell do you guys get by with these bigger set-ups without gauges? That is like mod numero uno in my book. I had my tuner for almost 2 months before I loaded it because there was no way I was going to run the truck without being able to see what is going on!

MorganY

Reaction score
Need to tow maybe up to 10 one way from Virginia to florida. I'm running gear head tuning. Will I be alright with towing on this setup? I don't have an egt gauge and I can try to get a tow tune if there is no way around it but I'm doing the move this weekend.

You really need an egt gauge at the minimum

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
It is amazing to me that you've got that much fuel, a 66 and no gauges.

Sent while driving, drinking coffee and threatening to kill people in traffic.

06f250powerstroke

Reaction score
im not going to be the guy that says yah your fine go for it but.............. if you are stuck noway out of it. keep the converter from locking in od and keep your foot out of it
thats what i did with a egt guage

Csilva187

Reaction score
As long as the check engine light don't come on? I agree with these fellers, gauges all the way.

Stroker04

Reaction score
I have the same setup and I would say your gonna have some high temps with that big of a load.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bootcamp

Reaction score
Pulled my 35' camper into texas last time home and had to keep it under 65 and run the tow haul mode to keep the T from locking up and still had high egt's

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.