68mm powermax

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
im really not sure, I'd like to know so i dont misinform anyone :axe:

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
man...that is a lot of smoke on the top end. you sure that is with a 68 cause apparently they move quite a bit of air....

That's with a set of RCD 205s.. They are ideally too much fuel for this turbo. Ideal if it was getting sprayed. Pair it with some of these popular 175 stockers or RCD 190s and you've got ideal. Remember, our injectors flow at LEAST what they are advertised at. That's serious fuel

smokinstroker

Reaction score
i dont want to step on toes, but from what ive heard, RCD injectors are comparable IN FLOW to elites. if that helps anyone understand how much fuel they put out.

Lubbockguy1979

Reaction score
Remember, our injectors flow at LEAST what they are advertised at. That's serious fuel

It would be nice if you would know what they flow and label them as that. Nothing is more irritating than one compay having injectors that flow at LEAST blah blah... Make them exact. If that means they should be labeled as 196 or 182 or 221 etc then give them that label. It makes it real hard for a consumer to see where brand x is a 190 but flows more fuel than brand y. Some times people even make comparisons to brand x's 190's to brand y's 175's...

Beast6.0

Reaction score
Out of curiosity, do these chargers hold up very well on an engine getting sprayed enough to clean up and use the fuel of 205's? Or has anyone went that route yet?

Last edited:

Beast6.0

Reaction score
That's my reason for asking. Jared said that with 205's it would be an ideal set-up for spray. Given the higher back-pressure of most VGT's, I was just curious if the pressure ratio's at WOT were in a range allowing it to stand up to spray and still have a decent life expectancy as compared to previous 6.0l specific VGT chargers. I have no experience with the newer Powermax chargers and haven't had a VGT in 4 yrs. So I am just honestly curious if the turbine side of this charger is a better design?larger size? & flows well enough to handle that kind of drive pressure. Will it keep ratio's in a manageble range and not overspeed the turbo while at the same time staying dependable?

I want to make clear that I am in no way being negative toward this charger. These are just honest questions that I have. I believe they are probably a great choice for a stout DD with (as stated above) 175-190's and proper tuning. I have recommended a friend look into that set-up for his truck. But I'm curious when it comes to spraying one how they hold up.:toast:

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
It would be nice if you would know what they flow and label them as that. Nothing is more irritating than one compay having injectors that flow at LEAST blah blah... Make them exact. If that means they should be labeled as 196 or 182 or 221 etc then give them that label. It makes it real hard for a consumer to see where brand x is a 190 but flows more fuel than brand y. Some times people even make comparisons to brand x's 190's to brand y's 175's...

Thats saying that I wont send out an injector rated as a 205 that only flows 198. We make sure that every 205mm injectors that leaves flows that ammount of fuel. If one or two makes 206 or 206.5.. are you really going to complain? My comment is directed towards sets of 155's that flow 145.. or 180's that flow 165-170. You never know, someone else's 205's may be a little cleaner than ours, but we sell you EXACTLY what you order fwiw..

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
That's my reason for asking. Jared said that with 205's it would be an ideal set-up for spray. Given the higher back-pressure of most VGT's, I was just curious if the pressure ratio's at WOT were in a range allowing it to stand up to spray and still have a decent life expectancy as compared to previous 6.0l specific VGT chargers. I have no experience with the newer Powermax chargers and haven't had a VGT in 4 yrs. So I am just honestly curious if the turbine side of this charger is a better design?larger size? & flows well enough to handle that kind of drive pressure. Will it keep ratio's in a manageble range and not overspeed the turbo while at the same time staying dependable?

I want to make clear that I am in no way being negative toward this charger. These are just honest questions that I have. I believe they are probably a great choice for a stout DD with (as stated above) 175-190's and proper tuning. I have recommended a friend look into that set-up for his truck. But I'm curious when it comes to spraying one how they hold up.:toast:

I have a customer who plans on doing this in a compound set up with 345 hybrids.. he plans on gating around the 68. Its the same as with a 6.4.. if backpressure gets high, do what you have to, gate around it.. You cant have the best of all worlds unfortunately. Thats why all of us have to use our noggins and improvise!

faster6.0

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
what happens when you gate a vgt and it senses a loss in BP? the vanes open to create more bp..

BlueWaffle

Reaction score
i've heard that it's a tuning nightmare to try to compound a vgt on the 6.0. someone tried it and it didn't work at all. I don't know though...just what I read on the interwebz. hell if you can figure it out...I can guarantee I'll toss a lp turbo in with my pmax in a second!

Lubbockguy1979

Reaction score
Thats saying that I wont send out an injector rated as a 205 that only flows 198. We make sure that every 205mm injectors that leaves flows that ammount of fuel. If one or two makes 206 or 206.5.. are you really going to complain? My comment is directed towards sets of 155's that flow 145.. or 180's that flow 165-170. You never know, someone else's 205's may be a little cleaner than ours, but we sell you EXACTLY what you order fwiw..

not a stab at rcd specifically but the fact that you know they do flow what is advertised is good. as you pointed out a injector that is rated to flow at x but dosnt is the problem since most of us end users cannot and dont have the ability to test them. if you got a 155 as you said that flowed 145 it wouldnt be much of a improvement over stock and you are out a lot of scratch for it

Vozar

Reaction score
That's with a set of RCD 205s.. They are ideally too much fuel for this turbo. Ideal if it was getting sprayed. Pair it with some of these popular 175 stockers or RCD 190s and you've got ideal. Remember, our injectors flow at LEAST what they are advertised at. That's serious fuel

what size nozzles on those?

Apcdiesel

Reaction score
Any insite into the changes made to the exhaust side of this turbo? Is it purely just an upgraded compressor wheel and machined compressor housing?

imelmo

Reaction score
Be careful going that big with a daily driver, you risk it being laggy and possibly smokey too.

I had no issues what-so-ever daily driving with mine, even with 290's. I could even drive around in the race tune with very minimal smoke and egt's were never out of hand.

PTSUPERD

Reaction score
I had no issues what-so-ever daily driving with mine, even with 290's. I could even drive around in the race tune with very minimal smoke and egt's were never out of hand.

This was what won me over. I think batmowheel will just enhance it.

Latest posts

Members online