6L Headers... A few questions..

Status
Not open for further replies.

lubeowner

Reaction score
It is very un-likely that you will ever see a good comparisions of any product for the 6.0 or the 6.4 on dyno runs. Until someone gets one on an engine dyno. Time to swap parts just takes to long. By the time you let the engine cool and deal with the confined space. It just won't happen. On race gas motors they just throw them on the engine dyno run them and swap the part. Since they are inside the climate doesn't change. So it can be done over a few days.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
i wonder whats up with that goofy flange at the back for the uppipe

SSpeeDEMONSS

Reaction score
i asked about an ETA on them. this is what i got.

"Quite soon. I finished the latest design this morning and will let it sit a couple of days to see if I still like it. If it looks ok to me I'll start cutting one next week."

this is all coming from Leen Steed.

Garrett

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
The drawings look worse flowing than stock.

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
I did read...thats why i said drawings.

Garrett

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
20 min to fix a tire compared to 10 hours to fix a header is a terrible compareson... btw I have had no flat tires on this truck in 40000 miles less that. I cant say thay for my headers

I dunno about you, But I fixed a bad exhaust gasket, which included removing, cleaning the head and header and re-installed in less that 2 hrs. That includes pulling tools and facking the dog with a few buddies around.

I cant give you a testament to durability...Yet

However, my truck does spool quite well for what it is. Drive pressure is just about 1:1 till 33#. It peaks 40# of boost to 55# BP.

I cant compare EGTs because they went on with the build.

I think in the higher HP builds where the little things start to come into play, then yes I warrent spending 1000$ on headers..

Plus they sound bada$$ :evil

Extended Power

Reaction score
Damn...that's quick...I think I looked at the manifold leak I have to fix for that long. Lol.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
this thread goes on top of the list of most un-answered questions of all time i think...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.