7.3 hard start in the morning

dumper209

Reaction score
my truck is having a hard time starting in the morning and ive changed the glowplugs. some people said it could be a glow plug relay but i had it checked and it reads the right amount of voltage. also i had my batteries and alternator checked and there good. i check the glow plug voltage when the truck was already warm, does it make a difference if you check the voltage when its warm or cold?

Arisley

Reaction score
What was the voltage on the Glow plug side of the relays?

How many miles are on your truck? Tired injectors or low compression will make slow starts in the mornings.

Did they disconnect your batteries when they tested them? Sometimes a weak one will be disguised by a good one when tested together.

Have you had your starter tested? A tired starter can and will cause hard cold starts.

Good luck, this can be a booger of an issue to trace down.

dumper209

Reaction score
the starter sounds like it cranking good. and yeah they disconnected the other battery when they tested them. the volatage on the relay side was like 12.6 or something like that

Tom S

Reaction score
Voltage with the relay engaged should be much less then that.

dumper209

Reaction score
ok yeah when i plug in the block warmer it starts right up. so i dont know if the relay should be replaced or not?

Latest posts

Members online