7.3 idling quiet and low throttle response

neverkickn

Reaction score
Thanks I'll check that. On my old hpop I could wiggle the ipr side to side where it plugs in, it was like it was turning a little. That's probably why it was doing this then. Hopefully itll be a simple fix like that this time. It's been raining all day so I the guy hasn't been by to scan the truck. Hopefully the weather will clear up soon.

The solenoid on the ipr will wiggle a little even properly installed.

BlueBonnet

Reaction score
The tin nut is tight so I guess that's not the problem. The guys supposed to come scan it tomorrow as long as the weather isn't too bad.

BlueBonnet

Reaction score
Well I haven't heard from the guy that's supposed to scan my truck, but I think I got it fixed. The wires that go down the front of the motor to the CPS were rubbing one of the pulleys and it rubbed through the loom. I guess it was shorting out on the pulley. As soon as I fixed the wire and secured it out of the way it started running better. Before, it would start acting up either right when I started it, if it would start at all, or it would do it after a couple minutes of idling. I let it idle for about 30 minutes and drove it and everything seems fine.

BlueBonnet

Reaction score
Well... I guess that didn't fix the problem. It ran good for a couple days. Ran great all the way to work yesterday and now it's dead. Went to leave and it started right up but shut off within a minute. Now it wont start at all. The guy that was supposed to scan it won't answer his phone. I can't wait to fix it so I can sell it and just be done with all this bs. I never had any problems out of any of my SBC's and if I did I knew how to fix it and it was a hell of a lot cheaper I hate any vehicle that requires electronics to run. I love the truck but this crap is getting old.

Anyway, I have fuel pressure, but the injectors aren't firing. I guess I'm going to have to fork out some money and just buy a scan tool but until then the truck will have to sit. I don't know what to do. Fuses are good, everything is new. I need to get the hpop tested bc everything is pointing towards that or the ipr. I was going to put a cummins in the truck but instead I decided to just do bigger injectors and replace everything else on the 7.3. I'm really regretting that decision now. I can't express enough how tired I am of this money put.... Sorry for rambling, just venting. Luckily the truck is at my work broke down and not at home because otherwise it would probably be full of holes and burnt to the ground.

Latest posts

Members online