7.3 Running rough...

RNicol

Reaction score
Left my house this morning with a load of hay on my truck and pulling a trailer with straw on it. I was driving probably 3 miles, and then my SES light popped on and the truck just started running real rough and felt very laggy. I pulled over and my RPM's were very low at idle and it just didin't sound right. So i shut the truck off, and started it back up and it was idling and running fine for about a mile, and then it started running bad again, and i drove a little farther and it quit and ran fine. So i left my auction, it drove probably 15 miles, and it ran perfect, and as soon as i turned back on my road it ran bad. So i unhooked the trailer and took it out with nothing in the bed.... The truck ran fine!! Weather i was easy on it or WOT. I have no idea where to start :cursing:

Blowby

Reaction score
Since the SES was active you should have a code to point you in the right direction. Other than that it's just a guessing game.

BigAlsPSD

Reaction score
Check the codes, as stated it's a guessing game.

My guess is a P1211, but caused by a fuel restriction, since I'm guessing.

That said, do you have a fuel pressure gauge?

Have you done any fuel system mods, in tank mods?

Is there any oil in the ICP connection?

RNicol

Reaction score
Check the codes, as stated it's a guessing game.

My guess is a P1211, but caused by a fuel restriction, since I'm guessing.

That said, do you have a fuel pressure gauge?

Have you done any fuel system mods, in tank mods?

Is there any oil in the ICP connection?

I do NOT have a fuel pressure gauge, and everything on the fuel system is stock.

RNicol

Reaction score
I made it into town last night and had autozone scan the truck, and i guess they couldn't read the code because the light wasn't on when he scanned it. So i checked the ICP sensor, and unplugged it and plugged it back in, and it ran fine the whole ride home..

RNicol

Reaction score
I kinda figured that. I'm gonna get someone who's got a good one, I think it's an ICP sensor issue though, or maybe i just need to cleen the connections.

Latest posts

Members online