7.3L Pushrod Length???

golfer

Reaction score
David...make sure that you explain the way length of a PR is measured...

Mike M.~whomever you are order PR's from (assuming they are a manufacturer)..will need to know if you are projecting the length (theoretical length), or are measuring the actual length...

the factory pushrods are 3/8" ball end...but the "ball" has a flat spot on it...which effectively makes the actual length shorter than the theoretical length...blah blah blah...

Mike M

Reaction score
David...make sure that you explain the way length of a PR is measured...

Mike M.~whomever you are order PR's from (assuming they are a manufacturer)..will need to know if you are projecting the length (theoretical length), or are measuring the actual length...

the factory pushrods are 3/8" ball end...but the "ball" has a flat spot on it...which effectively makes the actual length shorter than the theoretical length...blah blah blah...

Interesting on the ends...

I was mainly asking due to the fact that I don't have a caliper big enough to measure them. I plan to run Hamilton Cams' 7.3 pushrods. The set I have measure 0.002" shorter than the stockers. (that's the one measurement I did get LOL)

*Always appreciative of your responses

golfer

Reaction score
Interesting on the ends...

I was mainly asking due to the fact that I don't have a caliper big enough to measure them. I plan to run Hamilton Cams' 7.3 pushrods. The set I have measure 0.002" shorter than the stockers. (that's the one measurement I did get LOL)

*Always appreciative of your responses

figure the stock lifters have about .1 travel/compensation....so .002 isn't an issue...

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.