700 hp goal build

thatdude

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
You have social skills?

Not really, but the scary thing is I'm in management now lol.

Again, I wish mommy and daddy would pay for my stuff. That's why I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around how exactly the guy has money to be playing around with trucks. It'd be one thing if you wanted a lift kit and nice tires and saved up for it for a year. But I just remember those years and the numbers ain't adding up.

97f350stroker

Reaction score

Again, I wish mommy and daddy would pay for my stuff. That's why I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around how exactly the guy has money to be playing around with trucks. It'd be one thing if you wanted a lift kit and nice tires and saved up for it for a year. But I just remember those years and the numbers ain't adding up.

I see the butthurt is deep with this one LOL

emev0l

Reaction score

How is it so hard to believe someone could come up with 20k over a years time while living rent free at home?

Why is it such a big damn deal? You're jealous, rude, and obviously had a dysfunctional upbringing to be so hung up on mommy and daddy issues.

I've been working since I was a kid, building barns at 14, working for an internet service provider at 16, I paid cash for a 1970 Cutlass 442 when I was 17, I constantly hear "daddy let you borrow his car huh" from jealous pricks.

Is it so bad that a father can enjoy a hobby with his son and help him out? The guy is proud of his son for working, going to college, staying out of trouble, so if he helps him out with a couple parts on a father son project you have to cry about it?

You're pathetic, you could be rich, famous, good looking, a great mechanic, and have a trophy wife and you would still be pathetic because your personality is horrible.

emev0l

Reaction score
Trying to get back on track from cry baby town, what's the highest rwhp anyone has seen a 300/200 make on fuel?

What's the highest rwhp 7.3 anyone has seen on fuel?

Magnum PD

Reaction score
Swamps has seen 700hp with the right turbo. There is a HP 7.3 thread also.

cbf9703

Reaction score
What's the highest rwhp 7.3 anyone has seen on fuel?

Swamps has seen 700hp with the right turbo. There is a HP 7.3 thread also.
Without pulling the thread, it was over 800 fwhp fuel only and 1000+ on moderate spray, never had it on a chassis dyno, only engine, so no 'official' rwhp numbers. It's been a couple years since any significant changes to that setup.

2 stages of progressive spray and didn't go above .120 jets, usually kept both under 100 to keep carnage to a minimum.
c80a930421d3a3bef5417c0179f5dea7.jpg
7d13cf2953ecd419bfbae49e75d3f0ec.jpg
c1ffcc412c7a93d0c9a22a4923c5e595.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

DieselDC

Reaction score
To answer one of the OP questions, i have towed with an S476 300/200 combination.

Is it for everyone? No, and I will tell you no every time.
Can it be done with out melting down the engine? Yes but you sure as hell are not going to be towing 15K in OD at 1800 RPM.

Good luck on your build.

Just curious but why can't you tow heavy with a s4/6 300/200 setup like that? Is it more or less just for performance and not towing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mandkole

Reaction score
I cant speak for towing with more extreme big single combos, but even with a 71mm and 100s, you need to have a different expectation and driving technique, planning for changes in road elevations. RPM is your friend (as is having an egg under your foot). In those moments when you get under the turbo, and it will happen, just don't mat it to get out.

thatdude

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
You're pathetic, you could be rich, famous, good looking, a great mechanic, and have a trophy wife and you would still be pathetic because your personality is horrible.

Not telling me anything I don't already know :hammer:

I did contribute to this thread but it started going down hill so quick I figured I'd add to it.

superpsd

Reaction score

Explains a lot. Dude gets to build a truck. Whether it's his money or not is not our business. I could care less if he was selling coke to pay for a 700hp truck not my business.

Last edited:

emev0l

Reaction score
Not telling me anything I don't already know :hammer:

I did contribute to this thread but it started going down hill so quick I figured I'd add to it.

Your contribution to this thread consisted of telling him he can make 700RWHP with injectors smaller then 300/200's on fuel, I've yet to see that happen.

Exactly what size injectors do you suggest for a 700RWHP fuel only 7.3?

thatdude

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Your contribution to this thread consisted of telling him he can make 700RWHP with injectors smaller then 300/200's on fuel, I've yet to see that happen.

Exactly what size injectors do you suggest for a 700RWHP fuel only 7.3?

It can be done on 250/200s pretty easily. But it's going to be more complex than just your standard boltons. If 160/80s can put down 500 on brians dyno with more tuning still left than I think 250/200s can make 700. That's my opinion. Need plenty of HPOP, plenty of fuel and a good turbo. Head work is mandatory not only for better airflow but fuel flow aswell. Obviously 300/200s can do this but I think that alot more can be done out of the smaller injectors than alot of people assume. For whatever reason the 7.3 is still stuck in 2007 and the forums/facebook just continue to perpetuate it.

Now what I don't understand is why no one bench flows their heads under pressure. When does that engine operate under vacuum? Never... I just don't see flow characteristics being the same at 10PSI absolute pressure vs 60PSI absolute (or roughly 45 PSI for you non science savvy folks). One day I'd like to experiment with this but neither here nor there. Sorry, ADD kicking in.

Last edited:

cbf9703

Reaction score
It can be done on 250/200s pretty easily. But it's going to be more complex than just your standard boltons. If 160/80s can put down 500 on brians dyno with more tuning still left than I think 250/200s can make 700. That's my opinion. Need plenty of HPOP, plenty of fuel and a good turbo. Head work is mandatory not only for better airflow but fuel flow aswell. Obviously 300/200s can do this but I think that alot more can be done out of the smaller injectors than alot of people assume. For whatever reason the 7.3 is still stuck in 2007 and the forums/facebook just continue to perpetuate it.

Now what I don't understand is why no one bench flows their heads under pressure. When does that engine operate under vacuum? Never... I just don't see flow characteristics being the same at 10PSI absolute pressure vs 60PSI absolute (or roughly 45 PSI for you non science savvy folks). One day I'd like to experiment with this but neither here nor there. Sorry, ADD kicking in.
Lol the 7.3 definitely isn't stuck in 2007 when we were ecstatic about running mid-to-low 12s in the 1/4, but there are not as many folks willing to invest the time, energy, and most importantly money into R&D on a platform this old. The return-on-investment just isn't there anymore.

There has been significant work done on airflow in the last five years with both turbos and porting, including testing deshrouded and oversized valves. That doesn't make it onto the Facebook pages either.

thatdude

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
No point to share it when everyone is going to throw on injectors way too big, run compcam 910 springs and turbos with drive pressures WAYYYY too high.

The whole diesel performance thing is still in its infancy

ja_cain

Reaction score

Good point on the flow testing under pressure vs. pulling a vacuum. Then again, I'm not familiar with the typical protocol.

*edit*

This should be super easy to model in some cfd software. Maybe the op can download the free student version from Autodesk and model it for us. Lol! If he can do it, I would love to have him work with me this summer. Lol!

Last edited:

ja_cain

Reaction score
Lol the 7.3 definitely isn't stuck in 2007 when we were ecstatic about running mid-to-low 12s in the 1/4, but there are not as many folks willing to invest the time, energy, and most importantly money into R&D on a platform this old. The return-on-investment just isn't there anymore.

There has been significant work done on airflow in the last five years with both turbos and porting, including testing deshrouded and oversized valves. That doesn't make it onto the Facebook pages either.

Frank, do you know the typical cost of this kind of head work? The oversized valve thing definitely makes sense, if the material/room is available. I remember paying $150 bucks or less to have my Dart heads pocket ported and gasket matched back in 95. Lol! I'm sure it is much more expensive now. I actually have a shop near my work that does porting and flow testing. I should stop in there and see if they are familiar with porting 7.3 heads.

cbf9703

Reaction score
Frank, do you know the typical cost of this kind of head work? The oversized valve thing definitely makes sense, if the material/room is available. I remember paying $150 bucks or less to have my Dart heads pocket ported and gasket matched back in 95. Lol! I'm sure it is much more expensive now. I actually have a shop near my work that does porting and flow testing. I should stop in there and see if they are familiar with porting 7.3 heads.
I can only speak local to me... Swamps and Mondello racing as I worked with both. A lot of the cost is based on how aggressive you want to get with the port and polish as it can obviously be very labor-intensive. Even with CNC, there are limitations on what could be done without going back in by hand.

You want CFM, but keeping swirl is also important.

superpsd

Reaction score

Even if you could make 700 on fuel with a 250cc injector why would you over having more capacity. A large capacity built into an injector can effect refill time. Again it is part theory kicking around but pushing an injector to completely empty a barrel of fuel vs having a good buffer built in sounds like having that buffer will be more efficient when the barrel is refilling. If your thinking of a 250/200 over a 300/200 which both have the same nozzle its not going to have any streetable advantage as to running a 250 over 300 or even 400/200

psduser1

Reaction score

Ummm, still didn't answer my question (s), but this post speaks for itself, taken at face value.
You haven't done this.

To be accurate, I haven't, either. However, I have built n/a engines that outperform the average build. Have you? Not that it is apples to apples, but it's better than pure speculation and observation, which is what you seem to offer. If I'm wrong, please enlighten me.
Fwiw, I believe there are gains to be had with porting, and valve work, but I personally don't know what the compromise would be, and for what I'm doing, there's no point in doing the work, lol.;)

Latest posts

Members online