911! Chip Help

brian89

Reaction score
Check the wire from the chip to the switch, make sure its not kinked or pinched, and check for exposed wires, been having some of the same issues so let know what you find out

revolvingsteel

Reaction score
We are still working on it. DP has been good to deal with, its just taking a little time. PCM is clean and chip and switch are getting power. Might be sending it back.

ToMang07

Reaction score
We are still working on it. DP has been good to deal with, its just taking a little time. PCM is clean and chip and switch are getting power. Might be sending it back.

I'm thinking that's probably going to be what fixes it. My guess is it was burned for the wrong code....but totally shooting in the dark there.

chris1978

Reaction score
I had the same sounding issue as you back a few years ago when I switched from a F5 to a F6. Jody had to flash my XLE4 PCM to make it work. With the F5 it worked fine. There was just something about the XLE4 PCM that the F6 did not like...

revolvingsteel

Reaction score
chris1978, thanks this is good info to have for the next time I talk with DP Tuner. So it worked only sometimes then?

chris1978

Reaction score
It would start once and run fine then when you shut it down, it would not restart. Put the F5 back in and all good. Once he flashed the PCM the F6 worked fine.

revolvingsteel

Reaction score
Got the chip back with the firmware upgrade and she works like a charm! Actually it works better. The shifts feel way better than before. I guess it was a blessing in disguise!

Latest posts

Members online