99.5 7.3 jump to start.

Willman940

Reaction score
My 99.5 7.3 isn't starting right. Only when I can get the starter to higher RPMs after a few tries which normally takes it getting running jumper cables to another running vehicle.

I have a hunch glow plug (relay) or fuel filter. I was thinking bad fuel because it started after I put a half talk of B20 and it sat outside over night in the cold. It didn't seem to have any trouble when it was warm though. Now its happening more, and I noticed the glow plug light flashing after a failed start. I filled it up with B5 (all diesel in MN is atleast B5) to hopefully dilute it with some better fuel. It's sat for a monthish since that original tank. The fuel filter is about due (15000 MI). It idles and runs fine when it starts.

Any help would be appreciated. Either way thanks for the time and have a nice week.

John

Willman940

Reaction score
No the truck is at my parent's house (Minnesota) so it sits unless I'm home. Because it's not always used and has a bit of a parasitic load (security/remote start) I bought an "Xtreme Pulse" similar to this onhttp://www.pulsetech.net/XC100P-Xtreme-Charge-12V-Battery-Maintenance-Charger-Desulfator-7346.aspxe

From Alaska Battery Supply I was planning on installing this week.

Willman940

Reaction score
Yea true to form I over thought the whole thing. 2 new batteries and she started right up. Although I will need to replace one of the terminals There funky shaped. anyone know where I can find them?

Attachments

• IMG_0097.JPG
    IMG_0097.JPG
    57.3 KB · Views: 40

Latest posts

Members online