99 F350 death wobble?

WILD_PHIL

Reaction score
My truck is starting to get a bad death wobble. It has a single steering stabilizer but the issue has just recently popped up. The tires are 34.5x12.50 that are chitty bias ply military tires.

I'm wondering if a dual steering stabilizer is going to stop the death wobble. I'll be putting a more true 37x12.50 on next week. The recommendation is that any thing over a 35" a dual stabilizer is required. I'm hoping that a dual steering stabilizer will take care of these issues until I have the time to take care of my front end.

With all that being said, I know I need a bit of front end maintenance. I'm not sure what needs to be done yet. I appreciate any help and suggestions.

E99 F350/zf6/guages/arp/comp/stellite/ billet wheel/ bellowed... Need more fuel and more air.

cbf9703

Reaction score
Have someone shake the steering wheel back and forth while you're underneath looking to see what's worn out or loose in the front end. Fix/replace.

Dual stabilizers will help, but you need to fix your front end to stop the death wobble. I've run the military bias ply, they do get squishy towing especially. The tire isn't giving you death wobble though.

Last edited:

WILD_PHIL

Reaction score
Thanks for the input. When I put my first set of mil37s on my 05 every time I hit bumps it would death wobble. I installed duals and it went away, BUT I had 0 issues with my front end. I'm not very knowledgeable on front end work.

E99 F350/zf6/guages/arp/comp/stellite/ billet wheel/ bellowed... Need more fuel and more air.

co04cobra

Reaction score
You need to check the whole front end thoroughly but one of the biggest causes of death wobble is worn track bushings.

78f100

Reaction score
You need to check the whole front end thoroughly but one of the biggest causes of death wobble is worn track bushings.

X2.
if the tires are wore bad on either edge it can also contribute to death wobble. Something is loose somewhere on the Trac bar, radius arm, or actual steering parts.

WILD_PHIL

Reaction score
Ok I'll definitely check those out.

WILD_PHIL

Reaction score
Quick update. I haven't fixed it yet, but the Trac bar is loose. Went and picked up new joints for it the other day. Plan on putting them in next Monday.

Latest posts