A little frustrated with Recon..

Sequential6.4L

Reaction score
I have Recon tail lights on my truck and after about 6 months the passenger side completely burned out and the driver has several LEDs burned out, I contacted them directly (purchased the lights from alligator diesel) about getting them warrantied and they said because I didnt buy from them directly that the best they could do was give them to me at cost which is about $50 less then retail, I got off the phone with them a little frustrated and contacted alligator and they said that they would work on it and get back to me...never did. I think that its total bull**** that they wont honer the warranty on there product because I didnt buy directly from them. Im not trying to start anything here this is just more of a heads up to those of you looking to buy these, if you want a warranty you know what to do now. Im gonna try calling Recon again and Im gonna give'em hell and see if they will do anything.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Not the first time i have ever heard something like this before.

Sorry to hear it, seams like some have great luck with their products and others dont, mine work flawless for over two years (knock on wood) but others like you dont last long at all... i dont understand

I do know this i think next time i would find another option for lighting

O2ShootTheJ

Reaction score
I have one light out on my right tail light. I thought that you could buy replacement led's?

91turbogsx

Reaction score
Usually they are soldered onto a circuit board. You'd have to pull the cover and replace the whole board most likely.

average

Reaction score
Just get the cheaper LED tails from ebay, then if it burns out you don't feel as bad for paying three times as much for the same thing.

Plenty happy with my tails from ebay/DT moto, I see even cheaper ones listed now.

IMAG0339.jpg

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Thoughs look alot like the recons, how does the body line on the fender and tailgate look? Thats my main concern

Looks like the lense would need to be tinted just a touch for my liking but they look damn near the same

Sequential6.4L

Reaction score
I might buy the same lights average has on his truck, am I correct in thinking that that the 07 and 08 lights are interchangeable? I know believe the recons fit 99-2012 Im assuming these are the same..

Dzchey21

Reaction score
the only thing different is the reverse light bulb, so you do need to order the correct year when you buy them

TripleE44

Reaction score
I just got those ones that average has a couple weeks ago. I zoomed into the pics of those and the recons and they're identical. Not saying they're the same light, but probably a copy. Like Dustin said, they need to be smoked some, I just haven't got around to it yet.
40b70972-6bbf-5505.jpg

tbsimmons

Reaction score
I bought the smoked 3rd brake light, smoked lenses for the cab lights and smoked LED's for the bed sides.
The top passengers side of the cab light is out. Still have 3 out of 4 I guess. But was told the same thing. I will deal with it or smoke my stock one and put it back on.

Layson

Reaction score
Keep talking to Aligator performance. They will make it right. They are good peeps.

average

Reaction score
Yes I agree they need smoked a bit, that's why I got the black ones in the first place. Mine are just barely sunk in from the bedside - pretty much like my stock ones were. I bought the super bright LED reverse lights from Retro Solutions at the same time and everything was plug and play. IMO they are the same lights as Recon without the name.

Atsah

Reaction score
I was going to buy recons but I took a good look at them and I decided against them.. I'm glad I did because I have read mostly bad things about them.. There junk IMO and it's time for them to come up with a quality product or there going in the ditch..

jdgleason

Reaction score
I had some issues with my cab lights a few months after having them.... they told me to go pound sand. Not real impressed with their customer service.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.