ABS issue?

Arconalloy

Reaction score
Every now and then I'll be either turning into a driveway or onto another road while on the break a little and all the sudden I hear what sounds like a tire scrub but I'm not scrubing anywhere and when it did it yesterday I felt the vibration thru the break pedal the same time I heard the sound. Any ideas?

RyanD

Reaction score
My Jeep used to do this when I swapped the fluid in the front diff and didn't add friction modifier. Felt like slight binding in the front wheels. It took me 2 full flush and fills to make it stop. Might be a good place to start?

zporta

Reaction score
I get it every now and then as well when making a left turn and having a slight change of grade. I just figured it was a bushing or track bar making the noise

Arconalloy

Reaction score
Yep it's everytime I'm making a left turn when it does it. Never really bothered me until the other day while turining slowly into a driveway and I felt a hell of a vibration through the break pedal while hearing the sound that's why I thought maybe it's an ABS issue I've only been able to feel it that one time all the rest I've only heard it

jimmystoys

Reaction score
I have the same thing happen to my truck lately. Always turning to left. Had the Ford tech take it for a spin and he pretty well knew what the problem was right away. Says he's encountered it on a few trucks, noticed a pattern and tried t make a claim to Ford but they denied it, said it was just the "sensitivity" of the traction lock/anti sway/ABS setup (hope I got that right!). I tried to research it more on my own with my Ford mechanic but since I have a pretty tall lift we left it to the truck leaning a little more in the turns than it did in the past, which I'm ok with. Doesn't bother me too much...least I know it works. My options were to deactivate the system by holding the trac lock button. Very happy with my truck and although I have a lot of aftermarket goodies on it, my dealers very good to me! :D

jwalk09

Reaction score
Mine '15 does the exact same thing. Turning left or right on a grade. I have a 2.5" level and have been thinking my stock tires have been rubbing somehow?.. I guess this is a traction lock issue instead. I never really noticed it before the leveling kit though. Irritating for sure.

Arconalloy

Reaction score
My truck does all kinda crazy **** I guess. Yesterday jumped in her after work put the key in the ignition let the glow plugs warm light went out so I fired her up and bam windshield wipers made a cycle lol completely off they made a full swipe across the windshield and that was it. Love it

texaslimeaide

Reaction score
My truck does all kinda crazy **** I guess. Yesterday jumped in her after work put the key in the ignition let the glow plugs warm light went out so I fired her up and bam windshield wipers made a cycle lol completely off they made a full swipe across the windshield and that was it. Love it
Not just yours. Mine does that and I've read several others on here that have the same thing happen.

O4ep3civ

Reaction score
Not just yours. Mine does that and I've read several others on here that have the same thing happen.

There's a setting for a courtesy wipe when you turn the truck on. It's under settings I think. I know I saw it somewhere and shut mine off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

texaslimeaide

Reaction score
There's a setting for a courtesy wipe when you turn the truck on. It's under settings I think. I know I saw it somewhere and shut mine off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Courtesy wipe is for when you turn the wipers off. It makes one final swipe after the switch is turned to the off position. My courtesy wipe has been set to off since I bought the truck. The other threads I've read the trucks that have the key on issue have their courtesy swipe off too.

Latest posts

Members online