Adivce on injectors

99Stroke

Reaction score
Im looking to upgrade my injectors but Im not a 100% sure size to with. I Currently have an Adrenaline pump, 38R turbo, bellowed up pipes, and an Air dog fuel system and Id like to know what size injectors would work best. Thanks!

farm boy

Reaction score
Im looking to upgrade my injectors but Im not a 100% sure size to with. I Currently have an Adrenaline pump, 38R turbo, bellowed up pipes, and an Air dog fuel system and Id like to know what size injectors would work best. Thanks!

I'm a big fan of my 238cc/80% hybrids from Unlimited Diesel. We have almost identical mods. These size Hybrids would be perfect for you. My truck runs strong, and pulls anything I hook to it without excessive EGT's.

Good luck!

99Stroke

Reaction score
Ya I drive it a lot just as a commuter so I dont want to completely kill my egts. I was thinking about Rosewood Stage 2 or 3s or Swamps 250/200% or are these too much for what I have done to my truck already. Im going to be installing studs when I do the injectors as well just as a precaution and since they dont seem too hard to do.

99Stroke

Reaction score
*mpgs not egts haha. My daily use for the truck is mainly comuting but I do haul around 7-10k a cpl times a month with my truck.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
I would stick with a 160/100 injector... With the mods you have that size will work perfect and not break anything down the line.

smoker00

Reaction score
I had your setup with 250/200 and a h2 turbo tunes from TW And love it good mpgs towed super by far my favorite set up by far. Loved it. Take it from a guy that started with 160/100 just start with a bigger injector than you need tune them down. And go from there..

CSIPSD

Reaction score
I had your setup with 250/200 and a h2 turbo tunes from TW And love it good mpgs towed super by far my favorite set up by far. Loved it. Take it from a guy that started with 160/100 just start with a bigger injector than you need tune them down. And go from there..

Don't do this... Unless of course you love working on your truck all the time, adding more mods and killing reliability.

smoker00

Reaction score
Don't do this... Unless of course you love working on your truck all the time, adding more mods and killing reliability.
Had that set up for about 80,000 with no problem at all.

Now I have 350/200 GTX4294R and tow no problems.. just my opinion....

Its all in the turn my man.. my tow then only made 389 on the dyno and egt stayed at 1200 ish towing over 15k

Last edited:

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Had that set up for about 80,000 with no problem at all.

Now I have 350/200 GTX4294R and tow no problems.. just my opinion....

Its all in the turn my man.. my tow then only made 389 on the dyno and egt stayed at 1200 ish towing over 15k

For a play truck it doesnt matter. For a guy that uses his truck, 160/100 is all the injector you will ever need. A 160/100 will dyno 430 or so with a 38R. towing will be fine, EGT's will be fine, factory fuel system will be fine...

You can give it to your son or daughter, or let a coworker drive it and it will not come back in pieces.

Been doing this for a long time, every time I see someone that runs large injectors in a DD... There always picking up pieces, or they quickly sell it and move on to a 6.0 or 6.4...

smoker00

Reaction score
For a play truck it doesnt matter. For a guy that uses his truck, 160/100 is all the injector you will ever need. A 160/100 will dyno 430 or so with a 38R. towing will be fine, EGT's will be fine, factory fuel system will be fine...

You can give it to your son or daughter, or let a coworker drive it and it will not come back in pieces.

Been doing this for a long time, every time I see someone that runs large injectors in a DD... There always picking up pieces, or they quickly sell it and move on to a 6.0 or 6.4...

I do agree with ya I just.. try to help people save a little money if they do wan to go bigger later.. my first 7.3 I put 160/0 to 160/100 then the 250. By far any 160 will be safer..

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
I agree with a lot of these responses. Stage 2 injectors are what I would be looking for if I were you. That is about the biggest injector you can reliably have with a 38R.

We carry Full Force injectors if those are within your options.

Feel free to contact me if you are interested.

99Stroke

Reaction score
Ok thats fine. As long as I dont blow something up Im good :thumbup: Haha. But ya Ill proably go with stage 2s possibly hybrids? Whats peoples thoughts on them?

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Talk about injectors in a CC and nozzle size. Talking about stage 1 or 2 or 33 does no one any good.

"stage 2's" can be a 160/100 or a 180/80 or anything else the builder comes up with

A "hybrid" is typically a 238/30 or 238/80... But it can be a 200/anything and all the way up to 400/

How much HP do you want?

DZL JIM

Reaction score
I'm in a blessed position to run any combination of parts in my '96 imagineable.
And I've run a lot of different injectors and turbos.
A few months back I installed 160/100% with 38R and LOVE the set-up.
Absolutely LOVE it and recommend it to anyone on the fence.
If your truck is a toy, or you think it will become a toy, then go Hybrids and you'l have room to grow.
But as mentioned, for a daily driver and work truck, 160/100% and 38R impresses me a hell of a lot.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.