AE disconnect issue

Dirt devil

Reaction score
I am having issues with my AE, trying to log ICP and DC and everytime i go to take off it looses connection. Sometimes it works but now that I need to watch something it wont. Wondering if anyone has experienced this.

(if this is in the wrong spot I apologize move if necessary)

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
I am having issues with my AE, trying to log ICP and DC and everytime i go to take off it looses connection. Sometimes it works but now that I need to watch something it wont. Wondering if anyone has experienced this.

(if this is in the wrong spot I apologize move if necessary)

Do you have a proline connector? if so did you try to change the USB wire maybe it need changed? Is the connector itself loose when in the OBII port?

Dirt devil

Reaction score
No mine is the one before the proline with a hard wired usb and both connections are tight. Might be something inside of the connector itself. I guess I will have to call when I get a moment and see if tech support can help. Also I have bat v at the obd 2 connector.

Dirt devil

Reaction score
This is what they replied with for my question.

Disconnects are the result of (in no particular order):

• Loose connection on the DLC under the dash
• Spread/loose pins in the DLC under the dash
• Powering the PC from the vehicle being tested (common and not recommended)
• Bad USB cord (common)
• Poor USB socket connections on the PC (common)
• “Chipped” or modified controllers
• Electrical noise on pin #16 of the DLC (AC ripple, spiking, transients)

tomlin

Reaction score
The AC ripple is something to consider. If you have a alternator starting to die it could cause a increase in ac ripple in the entire charging system. A good scope or a shop with a good scope should be able to diagnose that situation. The alternator actually starts out as 3 phase ac and is rectified to dc so a failing rectifier or diode will give you ac ripple.

golfer

Reaction score
not sure if engine (& chassis) GROUNDS have been checked...but that is a particular issue we see with AE connectivity issues.

Dirt devil

Reaction score
not sure if engine (& chassis) GROUNDS have been checked...but that is a particular issue we see with AE connectivity issues.

I have not checked those but will put them on the list of things to do. Thanks for the heads up.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.