Afe stage 2 or no limit

jgarv6

Reaction score
I am looking to put a cai on my 08 6.4. The truck is tuned and fully ******d. I am looking for insight between the afe stage 2 and no limit intakes, thanks.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

timj

Reaction score
No Limit. Afe stage 2 or a S&b are fine for bone stock- ******d - tuned trucks. I don't recall the intake cost differences anymore, but if you run anything different than bone stock turbos in the future, you'll want the No Limit anyway. Plus they offer good customer service to boot.

jgarv6

Reaction score
The no limit does great with stock turbos right? Just overkill?

Radioflyer

Reaction score
Works great on stock turbo's. Had an afe stage 2 on mine and took it off for a no limit intake. Haven't looked back since, even use it with my single.

jgarv6

Reaction score
Thanks to everyone, looks like I'll be calling Jeremy and getting a no limit sent my way, thanks again

Reaction score
I had an AFE and had to pop the hood all the time to reset that sensor after installing batmowheels. Go no limit and never have an issue

Sent from my XT1093 using Tapatalk

f350guy

Reaction score
I had an AFE and had to pop the hood all the time to reset that sensor after installing batmowheels. Go no limit and never have an issue

I had that issue on a 'Hot Street' tune from a well known tuner... on stock turbochargers with the AFE cold air intake. Well, the AFE kit with the metal top. I think my low stall converter is what loaded the motor so much making the minder trip. Only other air mods were a high flow cold side IC pipe, intake elbow, and a 4" downpipe.

Filter and tube hurt the AFE kit big time. There is no reason to buy an AFE kit. I guess I would take a free one and upgrade the filter if you are on a tight budget. I think Elite sells a kit to do this, or did.

Reaction score
Whs. I had a ported mani as well. I tried everything but chargers trying to keep egts down. Lesson learned buy an intake that will handle aftermarket chargers (no limit) and buy a upgraded LP and run a lower tune for trans life, big tune for big fun

Latest posts

Members online