Aftermarket EGR coolers

lusklxix

Reaction score
I've been looking at aftermarket EGR coolers (I live in Mass). I've found bulletproof diesel ones for $1185 plus $100 core charge for both coolers. Then I Found these by bostech Ford Diesel EGR Coolers - Injector Warehouse.com for $800 plus $200 core charge for both. I was wondering if anybody has had any experience with the bostech coolers? cause I wouldn't mind saving $385 if the quality's there

Danny26

Reaction score
Never heard of bostech, but the warranty on the bp coolers would be worth the higher cost imo.

newman

Reaction score
As much of a PIA as they are to r&r i would just spend the extra monay and go with the BPD coolers since they are a proven product.

lusklxix

Reaction score
Would you be willing to sell a set without me sending a core and if so how much $? Only reason I ask is incase they can see the "insufficient flow" code when they plug into my truck for inspection, just so I have a backup plan.

Marty

Reaction score
Yes. Not a problem. Also, just get a tune put on that eliminates that anyway. I have two customers in mass doing this.

lusklxix

Reaction score
Do you know what they're using for a tuner? I have spartan and have EGR delete tunes available just not sure if they'll trip a code for the inspection guy

CT9AIX

Reaction score
just fyi... ive tried getting a inspection sticker in ma with h&s tunes loaded and it did not work. i know on the h&s it literally turns off the entire egr/dpf systems so when you plug into an inspection machine it wont pass it because it says those systems are not supported which the inspection computer knows they should be. i get my stickers the hard way... every year i put all my emissions stuff back on, go get a sticker the next day, then i go directly home and take all that crap off until i have to do it again 364 days later lol

Last edited:

lusklxix

Reaction score
Yeah it really sucks, that's the only reason I've been looking at the aftermarket EGR coolers. I don't mind trowing the DPF back on for a sticker but I really don't feel like messing with an EGR delete and the coolers. I passed last year with my delete pipe on running a 40hp tune but I had my DPF on this year because I just had my motor replaced at 20k miles and had them do a sticker after the motor replacement.

CT9AIX

Reaction score
you passed with no DPF on the truck? did they hook it up to the computer?

lusklxix

Reaction score
passed with no questions asked, don't know the guy at all. I believe you're allowed to have 1 of the key items the computer looks for to not be functioning, and in my case it was the DPF. I'm really not positive on this but I ain't asking questions cause I got a sticker haha.

CT9AIX

Reaction score
i dont blame you one bit for being quiet and running! ha. thats pretty awesome, i wonder if I should try that next time around and leave off the egr system if it only trips 1 check. i do have my scanner which does obd2 readiness and system checks.. i should plug it in and run a check now and see what is turned off/not ready and see what a stock truck looks like when hooked up and play around with some ideas. i have access to a bunch of the same exact year/make/model trucks to check too which makes life easy

lusklxix

Reaction score
I don't see how it couldn't hurt to try this as long as your DPF is back on (so you don't trip 2 codes). Worse comes to worse is you fail then go home and put the EGR back on like you would do anyways.

CT9AIX

Reaction score
thats exactly what i was thinking. the dpf systems is waaaaaaaaay easier to take on and off than the egr system. the only issue i can see is when i change the tune back to dpf "on" tunes, it turns on the dpf sensors/equipment along with all the egr sensors/equipment so i'm not sure if the truck will even run correctly with out triggering check engine lights having all the egr stuff missing, but all the sensors turned on. damn this state

Latest posts

Members online