aftermarket fuel pumps

Fitz

Reaction score
I usually never comment on any thread, but this one makes no sense to me. I'm understanding the end result for using an aftermarket low pressure fuel system like Airdog or Fass on the 6.7, but you are completely defeating it's purpose by feeding the stock fuel pump. In my mind it doesn't matter how much volume or pressure you feed to the stock unit, it will still only allow the factory pressure and volume flow out of it. Unless you completely remove the factory fuel pump then its a waist of money. Just my thoughts

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
I disagree. The stock pump will function better with a steady supply of fuel.

strokin6L

Reaction score
I also disagree! It does help! The stock pump can starve on a hard acceleration and end up lowering rail/fuel pressure. I noticed this with my 6L. On a hard acceleration with a race tune....fuel pressure would drop. Installed a low pressure FASS pump system piggy backing/feeding the stock pump and fuel pressure never dropped again!

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback on your system. I like it...but not sure how much my buddy is willing to spend.

No problem bud. I understand the price difference but we hope that, by providing the best pump available with a few added features, people will see the value in them.

strokin6L

Reaction score
I'll pass him along the info and see what he decides. In the end...I'll be the one install the pump regardless what brand he decides to go with. Appreciate everyone's help/info so far!

Reaction score
I just ordered the H&S Fuel System for a project I'm working on. Knowing the type of quality as well as customer service these guys provide I'm sure the extra money is well worth it.

ChattyCathy

Reaction score
I just ordered the H&S Fuel System for a project I'm working on. Knowing the type of quality as well as customer service these guys provide I'm sure the extra money is well worth it.

I have known Zane and them dudes for a long time. It always makes me happy to see people recognize the quality that they produce. You get Zane on the phone and get someing wicked built for the turbo on that truck of yours.

gfulton

Reaction score
I usually never comment on any thread, but this one makes no sense to me. I'm understanding the end result for using an aftermarket low pressure fuel system like Airdog or Fass on the 6.7, but you are completely defeating it's purpose by feeding the stock fuel pump. In my mind it doesn't matter how much volume or pressure you feed to the stock unit, it will still only allow the factory pressure and volume flow out of it. Unless you completely remove the factory fuel pump then its a waist of money. Just my thoughts

You have been a member since 2013 and that's your first post..lol..Need to join in on the conversations more often.....

black'n'blue

Reaction score
If anyone does replace their frame mounted fuel pump, I'd be interested in purchasing their stocker.

Latest posts

Members online