Aftermarket headlights problem

dmistak617

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I was installing my new headlights today, you have to use the stock bulbs out of the stock headlights... Everything was going smoothly, until when I went to turn them on and the passenger side low beams didnt work.. I tried the high beams and they worked on both lights, I was messing with the lights trying to fix it after that and the low beams still wouldn't work, neither did the high beams. They stopped working... I'm lost. I took the drivers side light bulb (the good one) and put it on the passenger side, and it didn't light up, put it back on the drivers side and it did.. Put the passengers side on the drivers side and it didn't work.. I'm stumped... Any help is appreciated!! :)
ususatep.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dmistak617

Reaction score
Where is the fuse box located? I can't find it. And by connector problem what do you mean? Where at? Thanks

Atsah

Reaction score
He probably does have a fuse or fuses blown but what caused it to happen would be what I would be trying to figure out.. The chain of events the OP decribes would point me in the direction of the plug..

Only the low beam was out on one side and all the other lights worked, then he tried to fix it and everything went out, that tells me he blew fuses..

My guess is you have blown fuses and the passenger side connector has a bad connection..

09punisher

Reaction score
I had a dodge that did exactly this , it ended up being the wires were making a bad connection between the harness and the connector that goes in the bulb .

dmistak617

Reaction score
Well it's going into the shop Thursday to get a EGR delete installed so I'll have them check then. I was gonna try to fix it myself, but looks like that's not gonna happen.

dmistak617

Reaction score
I had a dodge that did exactly this , it ended up being the wires were making a bad connection between the harness and the connector that goes in the bulb .

So what'd you do to fix this? Did you get a new wiring harness?

Lukas64

Reaction score
New headlights are drawing too much current for the circuit my hids did it to me I put resistors on it and it was fine fuse box is under the dash on the drivers side I belive

dmistak617

Reaction score
Thanks. But I'm using the stock lights and bulbs. Its basically the stock housing just is blacked out and painted differently.

1ATony

Reaction score
You may want to check the grounds for a possibly bad ground to the headlights. This happened on my Mustang, I found the ground and cleaned the contact to the front clip, then everything worked fine.

Hope this helps you out.

Tony

Cory@RPHC

Reaction score
You've got 2 fuse boxes. First is under passenger side feet area, under glove box. Second is under hood on drivers side close to fire wall, will have tiny pump over it.

Could be misplaced fuses. Happened to me on my dodge. Passenger side headlight was super dim and looked at fuse box and the fuse for the passenger side was one spot off. It was drawing just enough to barely light the bulb, put fuse in the correct spot and bam all fixed

dmistak617

Reaction score
You've got 2 fuse boxes. First is under passenger side feet area, under glove box. Second is under hood on drivers side close to fire wall, will have tiny pump over it.

Could be misplaced fuses. Happened to me on my dodge. Passenger side headlight was super dim and looked at fuse box and the fuse for the passenger side was one spot off. It was drawing just enough to barely light the bulb, put fuse in the correct spot and bam all fixed

Thanks!! Is it hard to remove the pump?

dmistak617

Reaction score
Fixed it! Replaced the fuses on for the headlights low / and high beams. And put in two new bulbs. Works perfect

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.