Air Compressor / Air Horns

tshoey33

Reaction score
I just bought an air compressor and tank to put on my truck. Im wondering how and where everyone has been mounting them.
Pics would be much appreciated.

Nj67

Reaction score
I gonna mount mine under my toolbox in the bed. I got a low profile box that doesn't go to the floor of the bed so should keep it nice and dry. Gonna dremel out a little hole where there's already one to let water out to get my hoses through and to my horns. Which will be mounted where spare was.

sagebel

Reaction score
I have a five gallon tank mounted outboard off the frame in front of the rear tires on the passenger side. Compressor is mounted forward of the tank. I routed the intake tube for the compressor into the cab behind the back seat to keep the filter clean. Air horn is mounted off the frame on the passenger side below the front door.

tshoey33

Reaction score
I have a five gallon tank mounted outboard off the frame in front of the rear tires on the passenger side. Compressor is mounted forward of the tank. I routed the intake tube for the compressor into the cab behind the back seat to keep the filter clean. Air horn is mounted off the frame on the passenger side below the front door.

Thats how I was thinking about setting mine up. Is there anyway you can take some pictures. I'd appreciate it!:thumbup:

sagebel

Reaction score
nemyvubu.jpg

a7aba3u4.jpg

Here are a couple not so great pics. I still need to clean up the install and the wire routing for a bunch of other stuff. The tank is mounted with two pieces of angle iron across the top of the frame. I used two 1/2" bolts and a piece of flat stock to make something like a big U bolt on the bottom side of the frame for each piece of angle. The bolts run up through the angle to clamp it down to the top of the frame. The compressor is mounted to the frame on a compressor mount that I got from hornblasters.

Last edited:

tshoey33

Reaction score
I've gotten mine mounted today. I have my air tank mounted where you air compressor is and I mounted the compressor right in front of that. I'll have to finish my wiring tomorrow becuase I ran out of daylight.

sagebel

Reaction score
My horns are in front of the compressor. Pretty much right above the camera. The location of my compressor allowed me to run the intake hose straight up into the cab behind the back seat.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.