Air dog 2 vs Fass titanium

05str6.0ker

Reaction score
I'm sure that this has been asked 1,000 times but i havent been able to find what I'm looking for. I havent been able to do alot of research on this yet because I'm at work but I'm wanting to know everyones thoughts on the two. I'm able to buy a baisically brand new fass titanium for failry cheap but i have heard quite a few bad things about the fass. should I shell out the little bit extra for the new airdog or get the used fass? Thanks for any help.

1fastTRX

Reaction score
I'd skip both. I've blown the small oring on the regulator twice now. This caused huge pressure drop at WOT. The first time a piece of oring went into the gerotor and locked up the motor. Had the truck towed home. I got a replacement pump and tore the original one down to find what I did. The second oring lasted a week (HNBR type oring is supposed to be diesel safe). I'll try the viton oring next, but either way the pump is pretty damned loud too. I vote for building yourself a fuel system that has a better track record

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

loboost

Reaction score
I'm all for an a1000 setup...

Dennis @ strictly recommends the fass systems for daily trucks iirc

sent while driving recklessly

slc dzl

Reaction score
Call and talk to Dennis @ strictly.
He is the one I got my white trucks fuel system through and I couldn't be happier.

Mach5customs

Reaction score
I am pretty close to doing a fuel system and I have been kicking around the idea of a 6.4 to supply the stock pump just because of the story's I have been reading about fass and air dog.

Mdub707

Reaction score
I am pretty close to doing a fuel system and I have been kicking around the idea of a 6.4 to supply the stock pump just because of the story's I have been reading about fass and air dog.

Exactly. If I was on a budget, I'd be doing the 6.4 stocker feeding the 6.0 stocker and sumped.

If I want to spend a little more or for a bigger build... sump, custom filter setup, fuelab pump, direct feed to the heads.

Mach5customs

Reaction score
Sorry for high jacking the thread but do you think a sumped 6.4 pump feeding the stock pump would handle a stage 2 turbo and 175/75 injectors? Thanks

loboost

Reaction score
Sorry for high jacking the thread but do you think a sumped 6.4 pump feeding the stock pump would handle a stage 2 turbo and 175/75 injectors? Thanks

A regulated return and a healthy hfcm would handle those no problem.

But to answer your question... yes. A 6.4 lpfp feeding the hfcm would be more than enough

swinky

Reaction score
A regulated return and a healthy hfcm would handle those no problem.

But to answer your question... yes. A 6.4 lpfp feeding the hfcm would be more than enough

What about 190/75s. You get my pm loboost?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk 2

loboost

Reaction score
What about 190/75s. You get my pm loboost?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk 2

Yes with a sump feeding the lpfp it should do fine.

I haven't looked. I'll go check it

Mach5customs

Reaction score
Well since this thread had changed to the 6.4 or stock system whats the best way to set it up? I am putting in new injectors ASAP and I am on the fence about 175/75's or 190/75's with a stage 2 barder turbo. If I installed a regulated return and a sump would I need to install completely new lines. And would the stock pump work or would a 6.4 pump feeding the stock pump be my best bet? I am really just trying to put together a reliable system. Thanks guys

loboost

Reaction score
Well since this thread had changed to the 6.4 or stock system whats the best way to set it up? I am putting in new injectors ASAP and I am on the fence about 175/75's or 190/75's with a stage 2 barder turbo. If I installed a regulated return and a sump would I need to install completely new lines. And would the stock pump work or would a 6.4 pump feeding the stock pump be my best bet? I am really just trying to put together a reliable system. Thanks guys

Stock hfcm with regulated return would suffice for 175s.

Whether or not you keep OEM lines depends on if you're going to add some filters under the truck and do away with the upper filter

DZL JIM

Reaction score
With 175/75 in mine, stock hfcm and reg return, my fuel psi would drop like a rock on a hard acceleration. Upgraded the pump and draw straw, aftermarket pre-pump filter, and now it only drops a few psi. All stock fuel lines.

Latest posts

Members online