Air/water cooler

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
Looking at going to an air to water cooler on my next project. (Mainly for space reasons)

http://www.frozenboost.com/air_water-ic/liquid-to-air-p-205.html

This was the unit I've come up with. 1500cfm rating and 70psi should be fine for a 366-71 on 100-200% nozzles.

Anybody ever ran them ?

Thinking of mounting it around where the heater box would be. And just using the water lines for the heater box to feed the core.

Piping would be a breeze and for a 5400lb street truck that will never tow I think it should be fine ?

Magnum PD

Reaction score
I thinking for sled pulling. He wants to use as after-cooler I'm sure.

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
Yep. I looked into the add on for the ice. I could block it off for daily use. And hen open it up at the track.

At the moment. I'm using a 2000 7.3 2wd with 238/100s and putting a 1970 cab/clip and box on it.
Just trying to clear up some space.
For just tooling around seeing as obs don't even have an intercooler. I thought this would be just fine. And yes. Vader is right seeing as the 7.3 has such an efficient cooling system. Why not just run it off that.

gwunter

Reaction score
So one could plumb this into the current engine coolant system which is 180-200* water temp and this would cool the air intake temp?? This doesn't seem right to me. Or do people run a whole different water system for this. I could see this working. I might try something like this on my expedition.

Vader's Fury

Reaction score
I don't see why it wouldn't work tied into the engine coolant system. I guess it all depends on what your current intake temps look like.

The coolant system on a 7.3 is very efficient. It could definitely carry more load when just driving around then what the engine puts on it. I don't think my clutch fan ever has turned on when I was just DDing the truck. Towing, that is a different story, but just for a street DD I can not see how it would hurt.

Magnum PD

Reaction score
If you don't have an intercooler, there's room to run a water cooler in front of radiator.

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
I'm trying to find a different avenue due to the fact it's a 1970 f250 cab going on a 00 frame. I don't wanna butcher the front clip to much of an air to water will work.

Like mentioned the 7.3 cooling system is great.
And as long as intake air temps are around op temp which from what I've read are usually higher. 200* would be better then the factory intercooler.
Obviously. If it didn't work. I would then run it on its own cooling system with a heat exchanger.

Latest posts

Members online