airdog question

GROSSpolluter

Reaction score
ok my truck somtimes does not want to start. and it throws a code fuel pump circuit too high. but if i clear it and start it right after it fires. but its a no crank no start issue and i check codes comes up as that one. but is that because i dont have the stock fuel pump hooked up or is it becuse the fuel pressure is too high? i also dont have the airdog wired up to the oem plug i used a key on source in the fuse box under the hood...what do you guys think?

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
definitely some voltage issue. i have never had a problem like that, maybe the mpd guys would know, i remember they had an issue like that once.

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
I have lived with that code for 2 years. When I run our big tunes, I don't have to worry about it because they are made to for it. If I ever tune down to the 210 tune, I get the code. I kind of let it go since it's so easy to go in and clear it when I need to. I don't run our lower tunes enough to even worry about it really.

Like Mike said, I believe that Craig knows the fix for it. I just can't remember what it is.

BFT

Reaction score
how did you wire it? i was confused on the directions so i asked tadd. needless to say some wires werent used (2 of them) i think they were a red and orange? one of them had a fuse.

GROSSpolluter

Reaction score
how did you wire it? i was confused on the directions so i asked tadd. needless to say some wires werent used (2 of them) i think they were a red and orange? one of them had a fuse.

i used the supplied relay in the kit and just used a key on source under the hood. so the 2 plugs from the oem lift pump are unplugged. but sometimes i get a nocrank no start and im dead untill i clear that code and it starts right up.

Mike@MPD

Reaction score
Take the switched wire for the airdog to turn the pump on and off to the white and purple wire for the factory pump

O2ShootTheJ

Reaction score
Take the switched wire for the airdog to turn the pump on and off to the white and purple wire for the factory pump

yup. had the same issue around christmas time. hit my remote start and it bricked my truck. for the time being if you still have your factory lpfp you can plug it into the sensor to start your truck and then unplug it. I did that a few times till I was told how to make the fix permanent.

GROSSpolluter

Reaction score

can i just put the factory plug to the pos and neg direct to the pump since there is already a factory relay? or will the airdog draw too many amps? i can maybe make up a short harness with a douchie connector to a molex like factory. or what do you recommend?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.