alignment problem on brand new 2016

sootie

Reaction score
Ive been on stock suspension up until recently. Rode on the stock 275s for a long time and then threw on some 325s. Went to get an alignment and had the thrust angle adjusted as well as toe and centered steering. Anyways you could visibly see the wheel stick out more on one side.. Theoretically alignment shouldnt change. Maybe bigger wheels accentuated a factory flaw. Ill see if i can dig up some alignment sheets. Mine wasnt the first time ive seen or heard of it.

or just made it more obvious to your eye... just because you didn't have your alignment checked until you put new rubber on doesn't mean it was accurate with your factory tires. no one is saying Fords alignment is perfect off the lot.

Ciras

Reaction score
Yet we missed that suspension geometry is changed by tires in post two.

I thought I was about to be enlightened and learn me sum knew stuff with the second post saying tire changes modify other components on the truck.

I changed coffee cups yesterday and now my timing is way advanced.

Prepare to get lurned, Cletus.

It is a matter of statics and dynamics.

The wheels are aligned to the vehicle with a suspension that is designed for specific characteristics, including tire/wheel size and offset along with handling. The factory alignment specs takes these factors into a account.

Changing the wheel offset affects scrub radius. A difference in diameter or width means a change in stiffness, affecting the handling (an overly simplistic term that describes how a multitude of dynamic parameters behave) and torque transfer.

Alter these parameters and you will need to adjust the alignment to maintain ideal handling and tire wear. The wheels and tires are the medium which the suspension interfaces with a surface, yes?

There are several other people in this thread stating that they have experienced or witnessed the same thing. And even Mickey Thompson agrees; install a non-OEM tire/wheel combination and get the truck realigned.
https://www.mickeythompsontires.com/tech.php?bulletin=t2

Now go sit in the corner.

Last edited:

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
It is common for tires to be somewhat out of round from the factory.

You have also altered the geometry suspension with the oversize tires.

First, find an aftermarket shop that can also perform alignments. Most shops will just ensure that the truck is with in factory specs, but one must consider that the factory specs were intended for factory equipment.

If the issue persists, go back to the tire dealer.

When you get bigger tires it's a common issue that the axles/wheels don't line up. Get an aftermarket track bar to adjust your thrust angle.

Uhhh...no and no.

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
Mechanically im not sure why it does that. It effected mine and some others ive seen on stock suspension and bigger tires and wheels.

Nothing "mechanical" can change from a simple tire swap...period. It's not even open to discuss its so impossible.

Last edited:

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
Prepare to get lurned, Cletus.

It is a matter of statics and dynamics.

The wheels are aligned to the vehicle with a suspension that is designed for specific characteristics, including tire/wheel size and offset along with handling. The factory alignment specs takes these factors into a account.

Changing the wheel offset affects scrub radius. A difference in diameter or width means a change in stiffness, affecting the handling (an overly simplistic term that describes how a multitude of dynamic parameters behave) and torque transfer.

Alter these parameters and you will need to adjust the alignment to maintain ideal handling and tire wear. The wheels and tires are the medium which the suspension interfaces with a surface, yes?

There are several other people in this thread stating that they have experienced or witnessed the same thing. And even Mickey Thompson agrees; install a non-OEM tire/wheel combination and get the truck realigned.
https://www.mickeythompsontires.com/tech.php?bulletin=t2

Now go sit in the corner.

You should really stop googling crap and trying to sound smart. Changing a tire size on a stock wheel affects absolutely nothing where the alignment is concerned. Your post is so ridiculous it's not even worth the time it would take me to correct everything you have wrong. Sit down and shut the phuck up, please.

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
All this crap about alignment....the OP went from a 34" tall stock tire to a 35" tall tire. If you really think the alignment needs to be completely redone over that you don't need to be messing with trucks to begin with.

JRLott

Reaction score
You should really stop googling crap and trying to sound smart. Changing a tire size on a stock wheel affects absolutely nothing where the alignment is concerned. Your post is so ridiculous it's not even worth the time it would take me to correct everything you have wrong. Sit down and shut the phuck up, please.

Clitoras, please read the above carefully.

Latest posts

Members online