Alignment

Arconalloy

Reaction score
Ok guys help me out here, I recently put a carli pintop 4.5 under the truck and love it so far. The kit came with a new set of caster shims which I installed. Took the truck to a local shop that deals with lifted trucks and jeeps on a daily basis for an alignment. They aligned the truck as best as possible but told me the shims were seized so they couldn't make the adjustments on them, they went on to tell me that they just needed to be replaced. Hmmm, I told them that I know they aren't seized because I just put them in last night new out of the box so I had the girl get the tech who did the work he came out and told me that the alignment is in spec however he couldn't get the shims up to turn them so it's pulling slightly left. To make a long story short I told him what needs to be done to them he said they need to spin completely around then go from there so I took it back to my shop put her on the lift easily spun them around put her back together and took it back up there today, (this all happened this week not in one day I didn't have time to make the adjustments myself until a few days later) took the truck back and they did another alignment came out and told me that I need to get a different style shim because they aren't able to adjust the current ones enough to get it from pulling left completely but told me that the alignment is within spec so it won't wear my tires. I walked out of there and didn't pay a dime because it's still not right as far as I'm concerned but what are yalls thoughts on this should I find someone else to give it a go or start looking for a new set of shims? I'm not an alignment guy so idk but the shims I have are adjustable so I don't see where the problem is I also don't see how it's tracking left but they say it wont effect the tires in any way. What do you fellas know about all this after installing lifts and who makes a set of fully adjustable shims if I need to try another set?

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
How oldare your tires? If the lift came with theshims it should be able to correct any alignment issues. H o wever,a tire pull will never be corrected with alignment. Also, is it actually pulling, or is the steering wheel just off? The steering wheel can be straightened if its not actually pulling.

Arconalloy

Reaction score
Tires are a brand new set of toyo RT, the lift came with the shims the steering wheel is straight and how will an alignment not cause it to pull one way or the other? I can have her tracking straight down the road at any speed on any road and she will drift left as soon as I let go of the wheel

Jacob @ No Limit

Reaction score
I'd say take it to another shop. Hell I have over 30k on my 3" leveling kit with icon cams, and bd adjustable track bar. Never have had my truck aligned. Only will wonder when the road isn't level. Take it to a big rig shop and have them do it.

Latest posts