Aluminum radiator...?

Reaction score
Did you mod the upper or lower mounts ?

I had to do quite a bit to make it fit, but its been in there for about two years now with no problems.

I had to shave down the rubber inside the upper and lower mounts, lengthen the side brackets (SD rad is taller), cut two holes out of the bottom of the core support to allow the radiator mounts to drop down through the core support an inch or so. After all that, the radiator still sits a little bit taller than stock and I did end up having to cut two holes out of the under hood bracing to give clearance for the hood.

It really needed to drop down another 3/8" or so, but I had already dropped it so far that I had to cut part of the lip off the bottom of the core support so that the bottom radiator hose would fit.

Anyways, no doubt the radiator will fit with some modification. I had mine mounted the truck in about 4-5 hours. I've had a stock SD radiator in it, a cheapy SD aluminum radiator, and this mishimoto radiator in it. They were all slightly different dimensions, but they all worked.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337

Last edited:

JK Fab

Reaction score
And the mishimoto radiator you installed was the one they make for a OBS ?

Reaction score
And the mishimoto radiator you installed was the one they make for a OBS ?

No. The Mishimoto I installed is for a Super Duty and that is the pic I posted above.

I've run 3 different Super Duty radiators in my OBS. An OEM SD radiator, an aluminum radiator made by Silla, and finally the Mishimoto Super Duty radiator.

FrankTheTank

Reaction score
I have the mishimoto rad for an OBS... First attemp they took measurements and made one off a stock rad, dropped it in and didn't for quite right. Took it back to design and now it's perfect. But I'm not sure if it has been released for sale yet.

Mishimoto

Reaction score
I have the mishimoto rad for an OBS... First attemp they took measurements and made one off a stock rad, dropped it in and didn't for quite right. Took it back to design and now it's perfect. But I'm not sure if it has been released for sale yet.

This radiator has been released! Glad that fitment was perfect for you. We work hard to make sure our products are a direct-fit with no modification required. :)

Thanks,
Tyler

Latest posts

Members online