AMP Research Step Lights

jcain

Reaction score
I have the amp steps and agree the lighting is lackluster, but holy ****, those rigids are way too bright for some damn steps. Ray Charles wouldn't miss those things...

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
I have the amp steps and agree the lighting is lackluster, but holy ****, those rigids are way too bright for some damn steps. Ray Charles wouldn't miss those things...

Those are only the 200 lumen/ea low power models LOL That truck has a handful more of them too. You could say the owner likes green...

WatchTryst

Reaction score
The lights that come with the amp steps are severely lacking. I try to convince everyone to just do the rigid A-series right off the bat. Here is a set we did on a customers truck. These are the low power A-series also.... Let me know if you need any of them!

_893012577430247_6176619384237596845_n_zps4ziahton.jpg

Which mount did you use to mount these?

Tom@BigTimeKustomz

Reaction score
Damn those are bright as heck. Just installed my Amps last night so lights are working perfectly. LOL We'll see what happens when/if they burn out.

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
Thanks for the details. I was thinking about doing the same. Have to get the steps first then I'll figure it out - drill or tape..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Drill or tape works fine. Drilling is ideal honestly, this guy just didn't want any holes in his new truck. If you need the steps, we can get you a package deal with the steps and lights.

FaSSt9602

Reaction score
What is the fascination with having floodlights for AMP steps? Sure, the lights that come with them aren't going to light a runway, but geeze, they do what they were intended to do...

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
What is the fascination with having floodlights for AMP steps? Sure, the lights that come with them aren't going to light a runway, but geeze, they do what they were intended to do...

we heard you liked lights, so we added some lighting on top of some more lighting LOL why not!

BK39

Reaction score
The harness from amp has a red and black white for each of the provided LED. you simple use those wires direct to each of the rock lights.

Sounds easy enough. Is the voltage low enough to where you could add more lights to it? Say ****** the amp lights because they suck, use rigid rock lights in their place, and do 6 rock lights? 4 under the steps like normal, then 2 in the bed of the truck. Or would it pull too much power and be an issue?

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
Sounds easy enough. Is the voltage low enough to where you could add more lights to it? Say ****** the amp lights because they suck, use rigid rock lights in their place, and do 6 rock lights? 4 under the steps like normal, then 2 in the bed of the truck. Or would it pull too much power and be an issue?

You talking wiring the additional 2 off of the amp step wiring so they come on when you open the doors? The low power A series only draw 0.2A so it shouldn't be an issue but I am not sure what the amp harness is capable of to be honest.

Latest posts

Members online