Another fuel pump not working..

powerstroker66

Reaction score
hi all, i have a 2000 f250 7.3 auto that doesn't have the lift pump kick on with the key. Truck starts and dies shortly after (obviously). Jump 12v to the pump its fine. Inertia switch isn't popped. All fuses are good. Relay is good. Power to both sides of the fuse. I dont have power at the green/yellow wire at the inertia switch. After tracing it back to the realy block, ive concluded that i have 12v at the trigger wire but dont have power to the blue/orange wire coming in that relays power to the green/yellow wire when the relay or key is turned on. Does anybody have any tips or ideas on were that wire traces back to or gets power from? i do not have a schematic. If i cant figure out soon i might just jumper in 12v from a key on fusible source but trying to fix it right first. Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks!

mandkole

Reaction score
can you swap relays to test? Looks like power is not getting thru the relay--do you have key power?.

Heres a diagram to look at.

Attachments

• 7_3L_wiring_diagram_handy.jpg
    7_3L_wiring_diagram_handy.jpg
    434.3 KB · Views: 45

powerstroker66

Reaction score
UPDATE: Found out after looking at the schematics and tracing the wire back through the break out connector that it in fact is fed by the fuel pump fuse. SO i pulled the fuse box and opened up the bottom to find someone had ran the truck in the winter with no inner fender in and salt spray corroded the the terminals so bad it and other ones had broken off!! mean less to say i had a donor truck here with a spare engine harness that i swapped in and problem fixed! thanks for the incite all!

Latest posts

Members online