Another Hydra post!!!

CSIPSD

Reaction score
I don't see them supporting it any time soon either since they just paired with DP tuner. I wish they were writing for the hydra. It would be nice if they started it again.

I dont think they are "in bed" with DP, as much as just being given the option...

Am I happy about it? No... But its not my business... LOL

Keep calling and bugging Jon... He will come around, they just have not had time to look at it. Bug Jason too, He looks forward to my daily ribbing about the Hydra.

dsberman94

Reaction score
Here's where mine is by the way. Like I said it covers the hole in the dash from the ts6. Shortly both the insight and this selector will be moved to a custom built piece of the front of my center console.

Powerstroke Racer

Reaction score
gearhead 75 for the first tune 25 each tune after the first.
PHP 25 each tune 4-6 week wait

Thanks for the response,

Next question, what do people want these days, one program that does everything or multiple programs that each do what they were intended for?

I get a lot of requests to do tunes for the Hydra but as we all know time is money, my money making time is in the shop NOT talking to a picky customer for an hour to make 25.00 bucks:doh:

dsberman94

Reaction score
Thanks for the response,

Next question, what do people want these days, one program that does everything or multiple programs that each do what they were intended for?

I get a lot of requests to do tunes for the Hydra but as we all know time is money, my money making time is in the shop NOT talking to a picky customer for an hour to make 25.00 bucks:doh:

for a 7.3 most guys like to have tunes from multiple tuners. every tuner has some different stuff and settings in the tunes. no limit (dynoproven) used to have awesome trans shifting in their tunes. gearhead is fairly smokeless unless you floor it off the line or it is his highest race tune. multiple tunes from multiple tuners as well. tow tunes where you can keep your foot in the floor pulling a hill and egts stay in check the whole time. performance tune with quick spool and breaks tires loose while moving. and a nice casual daily driver tune that is good on fuel is good to have too. so to answer your question in a more direct manner, multiple tunes to do their intended purpose.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
What are you guys paying on average for the tunes only?

$30-$60 a tune...

Thanks for the response,

LOL... 90% of your sales if you were to offer Hydra tunes would be your canned stuff 90% of the guys get when they order a DI chip, IMHO its pretty easy money.

Customer calls... I need a tune for my 2001...
David answers... I need $30...
Customer answers... Ok, take my money...
David answers... Ok...

David cuts and pastes a tune into an email and presses send.

Done.

And I don't mean that your tunes are canned or anything like that, but the same tunes you have Jeret burn onto 90% of the chips he sells is the same tunes you will be selling for the Hydra, just without any physical contact with customers chips.

Custom tunes that require custom time, charge more, but IMHO its a great product to offer your customers!

m j

Reaction score
Thanks for the response,

I want a couple of tunes, daily driver for my commute, and all out for 350/200% s468 srp1.1 :)
I already have 6 gearhead tunes (only use the top 2)

CSIPSD

Reaction score
I've been trying to get David to send a few tunes for the Hydra for about 3 months... LOL

Come on David, take my money!

01platinum

Reaction score
This is very interesting. This is very convenient for someone that wants to try different tunes and not have to send their chip out.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Just about every tuner out there. I have tunes from 6 different vendors on my Hydra chip right now...

Also anyone playing with Minotaur can simply email you a tune...

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.