Another potential 6.4 buyer with ?s

Aaron S

Reaction score
Its a job one. Production July 19 of 2007. Its a regular cab, auto, xlt, with 50,000 miles. Ive got the Oasis 1FTSF21R88EB90094.
Only powertrain issues were:
shifting issues
venturi T instalation
PCM flashes
Smoking without any indication of regen
excessive warm up time
All solved I would guess, since nothing seems repetitive.

The truck is really clean other than oil stains on the bottom of the bellhousing trans area. Seems to run good. Didnt really shift all that good but it wasnt up to temp all of the way. Its the first 6.4 ive driven. Is some slight diesel rattle expected with medium acceleration?

I was hoping to see that the radiator, injectors, and hpfp wiring had been repaired or replaced based on what I have read so far. Whats the likley hood of having more engine/ fuel system issues out of this truck than any other 6.4.

Thanks for the help.

Jhaddox

Reaction score
I have an 08 job 1 and have had no injection problems out of it...if the price is right i'd say go for it...get a good long drive in on it, get everything up to temp and see how the trans feels

Aaron S

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. The advertised price is 25,000. Any thoughts on a price I should shoot for?

As far a engine reliability issues. I keep reading about engine failures. The info that never seems to be there is the facts on what causes these failures. Is the long block aspect of the engine fairly reliable but the fuel system is what is causing the engine failures? Is it the injectors sticking open and either hydrolocking or damaging a piston the root cause.

Its also been thrown out to keep 3 grand on hand for possible repairs. Is this the price for eight injectors and a hpfp.

POWER-STRUCK

Reaction score
main things are to never overfill with oil leave it a quart low and remove map sensor and clean off oil residue, never let it get low on coolant because it could cause the radiator to crack, and never allow water in the fuel and drain often to prevent and if you do get water change the filters and do not use fuel conditioner to absorb the water, water will destroy the fuel system. all in all they were good engines just had bad emissions controls the very early trucks had a predelivery recall/predelivery hold to replace 3 injectors before being able to even drive them. if possible replace coolant res. to newer single port

punkrockford

Reaction score
I have read a couple posts with job 1 2 or 3 mentioned. what does this mean? I have a 2010 f250 Lariet. bought it in june of 2010 right after the 2011's came out. vin is 1FTSW2BR7AEA84806 Its been a good truck except for the coolant hose I just had replaced. what should i be hoping for Job 1 2 0r 3?

Aaron S

Reaction score
The job number seems to represent changes to the vehicle during the model/ production year. If they make enough changes to a model during a production year the job numbers count up from the number one.

Your truck is of the latest production of that series of truck and engines, so what you have is probably considered the best.

Thanks for the help and all the good info, its appreciated.

Latest posts

Members online