Another T4 thread

TyCorr

Reaction score
Not much work. Yank blower, Bolt another alternator on and stock belt. Disconnect the ducting feeding the turbo and install filter. I may play with it. I did notice the 369 is laggier than a stock turbo with a leaking up pipe. That's to be expected jumping from a 60mm turbo to a 69mm turbo. I just had to alter the tuning. I'm willing to bet the difference in performance between the 366sxe and 369sxe is minimal as the only difference is the 3mm larger inducer on the compressor.

I think the spoolup on a 366 to 369 sxe would be drastically different despite only 3mm difference. Just so nobody parses my words, if you have 200% nozzles its not going to matter, per se, but if you are trying to spool it with a 80% nozzle you will be swearing. Other than wot rips, i think a 369sxe and 80% nozzles is a match made in hell.

The vendors claim a 369 and hybrids with 100% nozzle is a match made in heaven but i think its not. Theres a well known turbo with similar specs and it is god awful unless you have some nozzle to get it going.

If i was going to run anything 250/200 on down on the street and tiw with it EVER id use the 364.5. If i was going 200% nozzles and gonna upgrade the induction side of my system (intercooler, ported heads, etc) id use the 366 for the same including towing. If i was going to use 250/200 and bigger but never tow, id use the 369.

superpsd

Reaction score
There was a video on Irates FB page of a superduty pulling with a 369 with stock sticks. It noted that that owner was happy with the performance I believe. I found it. If you scan down Irates page to February of 16 you will find the video.

Last edited:

TyCorr

Reaction score
Idk. I spoke with a tuner that pretty much tested it as i outlined and confirmed my suspicions.

Ive been around a while. Ive had my truck that i speak of since oct of 00. Ive had a 7.3 more of my life than not. I know these old turds pretty good. One guys happiness iscanothers dismay, as evidenced by my complete shock how you cant get a 38r to perform well with larger than stock injectors. And i rode in a "well tuned, built truck with hybrids" back years ago before i had modded much and i quietly thought "if this is well-running, ill stay stock eith a 38r and 100hp tune." The guy had basically a rclb 7.3 with studs/springs/prods and 238/80s and an s366. It was a hit smoky turd. It'd toll out decent but it was only good forvtrying to impress guys with gutless stock setups.

I had some tunes once that were awful and i see how guys get junk and dont know any better. They were the tuner to have for yeeeears and they were terrible ironically . And a guy like php who is often said to be too consrrvative and lackluster can get my setup running hot and nasty.

My whole set of experiences has been more pleasant on a path less traveled. Hence a 38r and 250/200s.

mikeeg02

Reaction score
I think the spoolup on a 366 to 369 sxe would be drastically different despite only 3mm difference. Just so nobody parses my words, if you have 200% nozzles its not going to matter, per se, but if you are trying to spool it with a 80% nozzle you will be swearing. Other than wot rips, i think a 369sxe and 80% nozzles is a match made in hell.

The vendors claim a 369 and hybrids with 100% nozzle is a match made in heaven but i think its not. Theres a well known turbo with similar specs and it is god awful unless you have some nozzle to get it going.

If i was going to run anything 250/200 on down on the street and tiw with it EVER id use the 364.5. If i was going 200% nozzles and gonna upgrade the induction side of my system (intercooler, ported heads, etc) id use the 366 for the same including towing. If i was going to use 250/200 and bigger but never tow, id use the 369.

I'm in the middle, but the spoolup and cleanup of the 366sxe with 100% nozzles is a match made in heaven if you ask me. And if anyone should know, it should be a 6 speed truck.

I think my egts are spot on in my second highest tune. Tow anything you want, at any rpm 1500+ and cannot exceed 1200*, as many of my videos outline.

I have 0 experience with the 369, but I tend to agree. And my findings are so close to my "perfect" that Im afraid the 369 Id be under it more then in it on back roads for sure. You could suggest a smaller housing and a properly setup gate. But hes only running 200/30s anyways, and the 364.5s seem to pair pretty good even with 200/80s as the brad has shown.

superpsd

Reaction score
Agreed. The S364.5. 5 will come online much easier. Especially if he is not going bigger than a 200/30

TyCorr

Reaction score
I'm in the middle, but the spoolup and cleanup of the 366sxe with 100% nozzles is a match made in heaven if you ask me. And if anyone should know, it should be a 6 speed truck.

I think my egts are spot on in my second highest tune. Tow anything you want, at any rpm 1500+ and cannot exceed 1200*, as many of my videos outline.

I have 0 experience with the 369, but I tend to agree. And my findings are so close to my "perfect" that Im afraid the 369 Id be under it more then in it on back roads for sure. You could suggest a smaller housing and a properly setup gate. But hes only running 200/30s anyways, and the 364.5s seem to pair pretty good even with 200/80s as the brad has shown.

You are either lucky or just on the edge of that map that it spools as you say it does. It should have trouble but you said 100% nozzles. I thought you were stock as someone stated above?

mikeeg02

Reaction score
238/100s for me. My videos in this thread have shown how well my setup works from 1500+ rpms. With a 3.2ms tune. With the 1.0 exhaust housing it's also 1:1 boost to backpressure up to 40-42 psi. I couldn't ask for much more.

TyCorr

Reaction score
238/100s for me. My videos in this thread have shown how well my setup works from 1500+ rpms. With a 3.2ms tune. With the 1.0 exhaust housing it's also 1:1 boost to backpressure up to 40-42 psi. I couldn't ask for much more.

Thats right! You didsay that. I think that's a good pairing myself. I think if you had a 69 you'd cuss occasionally.

superpsd

Reaction score
As for the 369 there were many posts on Irates page regarding the 369. Like this one. "I have a 369 with 250/100s .91 housing. In Colorado at about 5000 ft and still spools pretty good"

mikeeg02

Reaction score
Id be interested to see.videos of his gauges and such. If you asked 5 different people of what a "good spool up" was, you'd get 5 very different answers. Not that I don't believe it, I'd just want to see some gauges for comparison

superpsd

Reaction score
There were a few 369 videos on the Irate page. Whoever posts on the page for Irate (I assume Matt himself?) said a 369 spools about as fast as a 38R. Yet of course flows much more air.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
you guys with the t4 setups, did you have to change the intake plenums when you did the swap or can you run stockers?

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

mikeeg02

Reaction score
The only difference between the s400 and s300 kit from Carson Stauffer (atleast from what I remember him telling me) is the size of the discharge boot from the turbo to the CAC pipe. I'm not sure anyone requires different plenums. I think most like them because you typically can't crush them while tightening clamps like the steel ones.

Some Older designed kits put the turbo more in a stock location. May of required the flat style plenum on the driver side to clear the compressor.housing.

gnxtc2

Reaction score
you guys with the t4 setups, did you have to change the intake plenums when you did the swap or can you run stockers?

live life full throttle

I did on my OBS. The SD trucks have 3" plenums already vs the 2" ones on an OBS truck. The OEM plenums crush if you go with a T-bolt clamp and get carried away tightening it.

Billy T.
[email protected]

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I did on my OBS. The SD trucks have 3" plenums already vs the 2" ones on an OBS truck. The OEM plenums crush if you go with a T-bolt clamp and get carried away tightening it.

Billy T.
[email protected]
yeah 10-4.. I just thought it was a clearance issue.

live life full throttle

Latest posts

Members online