Any issues or concerns with 4/10 build?

DZL JIM

Reaction score
I'm seriously looking at a '11 model built in 04/10.
It's a really nice, clean truck, loaded KR with everything.
Right at 35k miles.
I'll be getting oasis today, but thought I'd ask if there's anything specific to look for or be concerned about with an early build.

I HATE buying first model year vehicles. We've had 3 and been burned by all 3. None of which were Fords, though. :D

Thanks.

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
honestly, I'd probably pass on it unless the price was really right... if you're planning on doing a turbo, I wouldn't be so scared I guess.

buddy of mine has a similar build date with 140k on it. tuned on the H&S hot tune since 60k with zero issues. but we've all seen plenty of 2011 MY truck issues

Buck1

Reaction score
I have a same build date truck and so far so good. I agree with your concerns. Mine has 172k tuned and deleted it at 136k and put a wicked wheel on it.

Bought before I heard of some of the job 1 problems, so maybe ignorance is bliss.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

DZL JIM

Reaction score
Dealer's asking $44k. For the options it has and having 35k miles, I think they are right on, though I have not met with them yet to see how flexible they are on price.

Found out the local Ford dealer has worked on the truck over the past few years. Mostly regular service stuff. But...owner dumped def in fuel tank 1.5 months ago and dished out $10k for new injectors, pumps, etc.

Where can I read up more on Job 1 issues?

Thanks for the info.

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
I'd almost rather buy one accordingly priced at 100k than at 35k... by 100k, problems have probably reared their head

sootie

Reaction score
the issue with dropping valves scares me most about the job 1 trucks.

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
You can buy a brand new left over 14 Platinum or King Ranch for $54k or less. Not sure I could throw down $44k on a 4yr old truck with any number of miles when a brand new one is just over 20% more

DZL JIM

Reaction score
You can buy a brand new left over 14 Platinum or King Ranch for $54k or less. Not sure I could throw down $44k on a 4yr old truck with any number of miles when a brand new one is just over 20% more

Maybe trucks are not as popular where you are, there typically are NO KR or Platinum trucks on the lots here, and you'd be lucky to find any '14 diesels. So either our dealers just don't stock them, or people buy them up as quick as they show up on the lot (more likely).

Besides, as soon as you drive a new truck off the lot, you loose that 20% more you just paid. I refuse to buy a new truck because of the immediate depreciation.

Anyhow, the truck I wanted to look at sold before I could get to the dealer. It lasted all of almost 2 full days on the lot.

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
understand... 3yrs makes a big difference on value when you go to get rid of it.

trucks are very popular down here... I can think of four dealerships within an hour of eachother with 14 platinums on the lot

DZL JIM

Reaction score
understand... 3yrs makes a big difference on value when you go to get rid of it.

trucks are very popular down here... I can think of four dealerships within an hour of eachother with 14 platinums on the lot

Wow, it's certainly not like that around here.
Guess those trucks are not as popular here!!

dsberman94

Reaction score

Your in Texas? Were up here in the place where people need to buy new trucks every 4 years or drive around in something covered in rust. Or spend half what the truck is worth fixing the rust. My local dealership gets maybe 1 platinum per year unless people put money down on them, then they order it. Also only 1 or 2 lariat superdutys. The rest are xl and xlt work trucks. That's the local one. The other closer ford dealer stocks stuff they never sell. Not sure how they made it through those dealership shutdowns a few years back.

HOOV3R

Reaction score
Wow, it's certainly not like that around here.
Guess those trucks are not as popular here!!

I was debating on selling mine, and flying down to Texas to pick up a '14 Platinum. If you wait a little longer until the '15s hit the lots, the prices will drop more.

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
Houston area. Lots of trucks down here. lots of competition between dealerships. you can pretty much guarantee $10k off MSRP without any effort.

used trucks are clean and rust free

DZL JIM

Reaction score
Your in Texas? Were up here in the place where people need to buy new trucks every 4 years or drive around in something covered in rust. Or spend half what the truck is worth fixing the rust. My local dealership gets maybe 1 platinum per year unless people put money down on them, then they order it. Also only 1 or 2 lariat superdutys. The rest are xl and xlt work trucks. That's the local one. The other closer ford dealer stocks stuff they never sell. Not sure how they made it through those dealership shutdowns a few years back.

Sounds familiar!

Jesse_01

Reaction score
I'm seriously looking at a '11 model built in 04/10.
It's a really nice, clean truck, loaded KR with everything.
Right at 35k miles.
I'll be getting oasis today, but thought I'd ask if there's anything specific to look for or be concerned about with an early build.

I HATE buying first model year vehicles. We've had 3 and been burned by all 3. None of which were Fords, though. :D

Thanks.

I have that exact same truck pretty much. 04/10 KR CCLB, Every option available, snow plow package, dual alternator, you name it lol. I bought it used with 70k on it for $29k last july. Deleted it right when I got it, I have 110k on it now and no problems yet. Haven't taken it off of the high tune.

Latest posts

Members online