Any of y'all raced these newer camaros?

AllanB

Reaction score
get some 190s and a 64 non VGT and you'll be pretty dang close to 6.4 power with wayyy less money.

Agreed it will get you there. But don't forget that aftermarket lift pump $600, intercooler +-$1200 if you go with Banks, then Injectors $3600, head studs about $500, Turbo +-$1800. If you don't do the head studs, lift pump, and turbo yourself, I am just guessing your probably looking at no less than $1800 labor. With labor, your looking at $9500, without labor it is still going to run you $7700. That is probably on the low end price on the labor. But just a guess. Don't get me wrong, I am not knocking the 6.0, because I still own one myself that runs a 64/71/70 with 190's, I love it. But I also know what kinda cash it took to get it there. Just pointing out that there is a little more to it that just throwing a turbo and injectors in a 6.0 and pushing it up to +-550rwhp.

Nic

Reaction score
get some 190s and a 64 non VGT and you'll be pretty dang close to 6.4 power with wayyy less money.

way less?? how so? with the money into injectors, turbo and rr fuel system theres no way thats less than the egr deletes, intake and tuning for a 6.4...besides the price of the truck obviously..or is this what your referring to?? LOL

Reaction score
I slowly walked on an SS a couple weeks ago from a 50 roll on the highway in my regular cab 2wd OBS with less power than y'alls tuned 6.4's have. They are fairly quick, but not as fast as I thought they would be. You should have no problem with it if it's stock.

powerSmokin

Reaction score
Had a V6 that I killed a while back, chick thought daddy's car was fast and that meant she could weave in and out of traffic.
If it was my choice, I would buy a lariat 6.0 and dump the money for 550hp+ truck instead of getting a 6.4, I love how easy it is to pump up the power on the 6.4 but they cost a lot more as a truck themself.

AllanB

Reaction score
way less?? how so? with the money into injectors, turbo and rr fuel system theres no way thats less than the egr deletes, intake and tuning for a 6.4...besides the price of the truck obviously..or is this what your referring to?? LOL

I was actually taking it that he meant, the 6.0 was paid for and that pushing a 6.0 up to 550hp was easily in reach. I was just trying to make sure that when people read that, they understand it isn't quite as easy as just a turbo and injectors, but very doable. But yeah, I am pretty sure what he was talking about was it is cheaper to bump the 6.0 up than it is to trade it off for a 6.4 just to get up to 550hp. At least that is the way I was understanding him.

mclean

Reaction score
Had a V6 that I killed a while back, chick thought daddy's car was fast and that meant she could weave in and out of traffic.
If it was my choice, I would buy a lariat 6.0 and dump the money for 550hp+ truck instead of getting a 6.4, I love how easy it is to pump up the power on the 6.4 but they cost a lot more as a truck themself.

yeah but with the 6.4, 550hp is just the start. Mid 600s aren't a heck of a lot more as far as upgrades...they are with a 6.0

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.