anyone have dimensions of intercoolers?

zilla68

Reaction score
Well,
it is looking like me pmf rsk is going to be a major issue on my truck.
trying to install an 6.0 cooler and its hitting the cross bar.

does anyone have actual dimensions for
7.3 cooler
banks IC

or possibly something else that might fit. it seems to be just a couple inches to tall, wish I could just cut it off lol.

or if anyone has any options, kind of stuck here now.

zilla68

Reaction score
I had found this online, I can check the 6.0, just need help on the others if anyone has these coolers to check sizes for me.

26"x 23"x 3.5" spearco Cu inches 2093

26.5"x 21"x 2.5" stock 6.0 cu inches 1391.25

29.5” x 18”x 2.25” Banks. Cu inches 1194

29”x 18” x 2” Superduty 7.3 cu inches 1044

RichRich

Reaction score
Which cross bar are you hitting? I had a 6.0 ic installed in my 97 350 with very little issues. I have a Mishimoto 7.3l IC now. I can get you measurements on either if you want, just not really sure exactly what measurements you need or what you are hitting. I wouldn't even consider a banks, maybe that is just me but I don't care for his overpriced and underperforming products

97powerstroke

Reaction score
I have a sky rsk with a banks intercooler. The only issue that I had was the end tanks hit the bolt heads for the rsk. I just welded the rsk at that spot and removed the bolts. I have about 1/8-1/4" of clearance between the end tanks and the brackets.

zilla68

Reaction score
there's a couple things that I had planned on doing that the possible buyer wanted done prior to the sale.
if it goes thru fine, if it doesn't that's fine also, i'll do what I always wanted to do with it.
really no need to call pmf, not like he can do anything at this point with it being installed.
the 6.0 cooler hits on the cross bar of the rsk
I am hoping to head to salvage this weekend and compare my 6.0 to their 7.3 and see where I end up.

RichRich

Reaction score
Yea I re-read the original post. Not really sure how I missed the RSK part. Totally my fault, I must've been tired lol. I can get some measurement's tomorrow on the Mishimoto if you want em.

brewer

Reaction score
Tried to fit a 6.0 cooler in mine and had the same issue with the cross bar. A 7.3 IC fits well.

bluedge8

Reaction score
Only reason I said to call is that they probably have seen the issue before and know if there is a work around, or what does fit. Good luck.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.