Anyone have Up pipes for Steed Speed manifolds yet?

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
Just looking to see if anyone has produced some up pipes that are for sale for the Steed Speed manifolds yet? What is the size of the up pipes and material. I am on the hunt for someone whom is making these.:biggun:

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
JD could you PM me a price on the up pipes that fit the steed speed manifolds please. Thank again.

Redneck6.0L

Reaction score
i have therm on my 6L and love them, they flow better, spool the chargers better and i've dropped almost 10psi back pressure just with the manifolds

B585Ford

Reaction score
i have therm on my 6L and love them, they flow better, spool the chargers better and i've dropped almost 10psi back pressure just with the manifolds

I want to make sure that I understand this correctly so let me know if this is incorrect. Is the reason for the drop in EBP the larger diameter up pipes? A larger diameter up pipe would flow more air with less EBP if everything else being the same. Even if the larger up pipes reduced EBP, wouldn't the inducer act like a bottleneck? Along these lines, with an exhaust manny (that flows better than stock) without an upgrade in up pipes, you will flow more out of the manny and if the up pipes weren't changed, I would think that would increase EBP. Of course, your EGTs would be lower with a modded exhaust manny so that could reduce EBP some. What am I missing?

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
Dang Jermey that big guy looks nice under the hood. Good work man!!

LovinPSDs

Reaction score
So one might look at mani's and up pipes over a waste gate based on the drop in BP and benefits of each?? Esp. since a WG isn't needed on mild builds?

B585Ford

Reaction score
So one might look at mani's and up pipes over a waste gate based on the drop in BP and benefits of each?? Esp. since a WG isn't needed on mild builds?

If I am understanding this correctly (and I could definitely be wrong [see my previous post]), it might mean you need a WG sooner rather later. EBP would be down, but I assume more air is flowing to the turbo so you would risk overspeeding the turbo (instead of floating a valve or blowing up pipes with the higher EBPs). Is this correct?

jdgleason

Reaction score
With a drop in back pressure (due to the same volume of exhaust in a larger space) the speed of the turbos *should* drop a bit, lessening the need for a gate. Does that make sense? Basically, since the volume of exhaust stayed constant, the lower pressures created by larger area, is easier on parts. At least that's how it makes sense to me.

CamTom12

Reaction score
But don't they neck back down to 2" to the turbine inlet?

I think the drop in EBP was caused by more efficient flow in the manifolds - but that's just a wild-ass guess on my part. Like I said when Steed introduced these: I can't WAIT to get a set on my truck :D

B585Ford

Reaction score
With a drop in back pressure (due to the same volume of exhaust in a larger space) the speed of the turbos *should* drop a bit, lessening the need for a gate. Does that make sense? Basically, since the volume of exhaust stayed constant, the lower pressures created by larger area, is easier on parts. At least that's how it makes sense to me.

Thanks for the clarification JD. I guess I was thinking about it backwards....I was thinking that because the volume is larger on the up pipes from Steed Speed/Elite, it would flow more air to the turbos and increase the chance of overspeeding. Not that I think about it, that does kinda make sense. If there was a system that was "too efficent", then it could actually hurt spool up....right?

Another thing that has me puzzled relating to this topic is what I noticed today with truck towing a pretty decent load on a grade...my EBP ran 4-5 PSI UNDER the boost PSI for several minutes. When I first thought about it, I couldn't understand how that could be possible with a turbo with a single shaft (it should spin backwards to create a "negative" boost). Now that I have given this more thought, I guess my exducer is more efficient at moving air due its blade design, etc. than the inducer is. Is that correct?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.