Are new valve body's worth doing?

George4

Reaction score
So it's time for me to change the transmission fluid and filter again and I am wondering if I should touch the valve body. I have a SCT Livewire and am happy with how the current tunes adjusted the firmness of shifts. What advantage is there to a new valve body over what the computer is adjusting? I am running the original transmission and the truck just hit 150k with recommend maintenance intervals. Thanks.

Attachments

• 20170320_163508.jpg
    20170320_163508.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 52

Dmstrucks02

Reaction score
I put the trans go "tugger" kit in mine and it made a world of difference. Even with tunes it was still a slush box, now it shifts very smooth and on time every time.. never made tuning adjustments after kit either

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
You can either add line pressure mechanically by modifying the valve body or electronically through tuning. Either way, line pressure is increasing. If you do both, the shifting is normally too firm.

If you do decide to modify the VB, be sure to get custom tunes written for it. We can help you out here.

George4

Reaction score
I am very happy with how the truck shifts right now with my current tunes. So with that being said there is no advantage to changing or modifying the valve body because I am doing the same thing electronically through tuning?

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
I am very happy with how the truck shifts right now with my current tunes. So with that being said there is no advantage to changing or modifying the valve body because I am doing the same thing electronically through tuning?

Yep. No need to touch it if you are happy with the shifting.

Latest posts

Members online