are the numbers good or bad??

mstetar

Reaction score
okay so my 03 f350, in our ongoing battle has blown black smoke and run quite rough, ive tested and had my FICM rebuilt and tuned, now back together it still runs rough and smokes but is considerably better than before sending the FICM out, a few of you said the bad FICM killed an injector, so today my buddy came over to look at it with on of those fancy snap-on computers. now hes a big 7.3l guy who knows his stuff however when it comes to all the pollution garbage they loaded the 6.0ls with we were both scratching our heads because we just dont know enough about them.

in a cylinder contribution test #7 was all over the place so we assume thats the injector, however #3 and one or two more that i dont recall off hand also had little blips in the graph, whats within spec??

then we did a buzz test, he said we should hear 8 buzzes however all we heard was 3 buzzes each separated by 8 clicks?? what the hell does that mean??

and finally we watched the EGR as the truck was idling, it too was all over the chart? is that good or bad?

what i really need is like a parameters chart if such a thing exists just to read over everything and see whats good or bad. i consider myself highly mechanically inclined however this is really my first swim in the diesel sea so i really just need some schooling!!! any help is always greatly appreciated!!!

thanks guys!!

Mdub707

Reaction score
The buzz test goes through and buzzes each injector individually. If one had failed it would have told you so I believe.

Have you actually checked FICM voltage? What about individual battery voltage?

mstetar

Reaction score
No I haven't checked the FICM voltage since reinstalling it, and the batteries are brand new

Irontx

Reaction score
What you heard was all 8 buzz..... then hits each... one at a time 1-8.. It does that 2-3 times, then concludes the test.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.