Aux fuel tank recommendations?

Txwindmiller

Reaction score
Anyone have any suggestions on buying an aux fuel tank? Would like one that mounts in the bed, tool box combo maybe?, has fuel pump with nozzle hook up out of sight would be great. Price range?
Thanks!

tbsimmons

Reaction score
I dont have a pump, but I have an RDS with box on top. Love it. Works great. Anyone you get put a filter between it and the main tank. It is amazing the crap the tanks come with in them along with how dirty the fuel is.

Redpower

Reaction score
I put a boat fuel cell in a tool box in my F350 with a flatbed. I then took a cheap NAPA fuel pump and rubber hose and ran it to the filler neck. At the filler neck I cut the hose and used a piece of metal tubing and tapped a brass hose barb onto it. With a switch in the cab I can turn the pump on and pump the tank into my front tank. Total cost for the tool box, tank, and plumbing supplies was no more than $250. Let me know if you want to see some pictures of it.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
I use a 105 gallon L tank, then plumbed it into the filler neck. It gravity feeds the main tank. No valve needed, no pump needed, just fill the L tank and your fuel tank never goes down.

I've done all 4 of my power strokes this way.

Trqmnstr

Reaction score
I had a 50 gallon "Fuel and Tool" in my old 7.3. Just plumbed gravity feed into the filler neck with a valve switched in cab. It worked great and iirc was like $250
Only prob was the gravity feed almost couldnt keep up with fuel usage when towing.

And it sure is nice to load up an extra 50 gallons when fuel is cheap (well, cheaper anyways)

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Mine has no issue, the fuel gauge in the dash never moves unless the bed tank is empty...

1/4" line.

Trqmnstr

Reaction score
I think that was my problem, line was too small. It was just a trickle but just barely kept up, the ol 7.3 wasnt getting the greatest of milage either with the shyt diablo tow tune.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.