Back up sensors

Sahrens0202

Reaction score
Hey I pressure washed under my rear bumper and they quit working. Unplugged all of them and none of the connections were wet as I had put dielectric grease in them when I put the bumper on. Called ford and they won't tell me if there is a way to find out if it's a bad sensor or short in wiring or what. So, is there a way to diagnose it myself? Or do I have to take it in? Thanks!!

BigBluediesel08

Reaction score
Put the truck in reverse with the hand break on, or wheels chocked.. Go out back and get close to each sensor, you should be able to hear a beeping sound. The one that doesn't beep, is the bad one.

Bigboytoys

Reaction score
If it just stays a solid beep when in reverse, with nothing behind the truck, you have 2 or more dead sensors and the system gives up.

I just replaced all 4 in my truck for 40$ plus a bit of shipping, working perfect now.

Bigboytoys

Reaction score
Yes I bought them off E bay. The issue could be the main sensor control box but mine did the same thing, just turning it's self off without a constant beep a few times so a $40 test, and having 4 new sensors in the end isn't that expensive of a try compared to a new control box.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.