Bad HPFP causing P200E?

outacntrl

Reaction score
Got a question guys. We sold a 6.4 at work and it gets towed in the next day with a P200E being the only code stored in it. They took to the ford dealer down the street and they say it needs an HPFP. I was just curious if that sounds right seeing as how it didn't have any fuel pressure codes stored in it. It soubded like an egr sensor to me. Ford wanted 3600$ to pull the cab and put a pump in it. My work wants me to do it cab on but I'm not even sure that's what it needs. Anybody got any suggestions? Or pointers where to start? I'm going to try and get it back and see what kind or data list our scanner will pull up on it. Thanks in advance!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Big Angry Hillbilly

Reaction score
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354602997.157966.jpg

outacntrl

Reaction score
Thanks! I was having trouble finding any good info on that dtc. When the truck got towed in the first time it started right up and ran fine. 1 of the used car techs cleared the codes and then drove it before sending it to Ford. Second time it was towed straight to Ford so not sure. I think I'll replace all 3 in the dpf and go from there. Thanks.

kyle43335

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Thanks! I was having trouble finding any good info on that dtc. When the truck got towed in the first time it started right up and ran fine. 1 of the used car techs cleared the codes and then drove it before sending it to Ford. Second time it was towed straight to Ford so not sure. I think I'll replace all 3 in the dpf and go from there. Thanks.

make sure you heat the bungs before you try to loosen them. the sensor nuts are stainless, and like to rip the threads out of the pipe bung.

Big Angry Hillbilly

Reaction score
There's also connectors with about a thousand wires in em that have connection issues. Near the left front shock tower. Think there was a TSB for this.

outacntrl

Reaction score
Yeah not sure it ever did. I know when it got towed to us it didn't. Before I left today I was told they're going to warranty it after our dealership declined the repairs. They're going to put an hpfp and an egt sensor on it.

Latest posts

Members online