Balance rates on injectors

blk350on20s

Reaction score
Hey guys. Got a dyno and track day next weekend. Had a buddy scan the truck to make sure everythings running good. I had 2 injectors(#4 & #6) that are higher than most. Most average around 0 give or take - + 1. #6 is -3 to -7 under load getting to the lower number and #4 is 4-8 and under load going to 4-5. What you guys think? Alright for next weekend or do I need to change them. I'm going for 1100 HP with some more spray. Hit 1000 in June.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
i agree, if there is a real issue the truck would have already been smoking and cutting cylinders out

blk350on20s

Reaction score
OK cool. We ran it down the road looking at cylinder contributions and everything looked good. Now he told me to run 2 quarts of trans fluid in the truck. I haven't done it as I'm not real big on putting anything in my fuel. What are your thoughts? He said it helps clean the system due to its detergents in the fluid.

sootie

Reaction score
OK cool. We ran it down the road looking at cylinder contributions and everything looked good. Now he told me to run 2 quarts of trans fluid in the truck. I haven't done it as I'm not real big on putting anything in my fuel. What are your thoughts? He said it helps clean the system due to its detergents in the fluid.

i thought that applied to Heui injection not common rail

blk350on20s

Reaction score
Well the fuel still flows through the injector body. I'm assuming its just cleaning plungers and crap. I know Dmax owners use it a lot.

blk350on20s

Reaction score
Perfect. Thanks guys. Just what I needed to hold off until it goes away for the rear 4 link

Dzchey21

Reaction score

yeah it does plus its got extra lubricity, i see nothing wrong with it. I know guys that swear on a half a quart every tank

speedkills502

Reaction score
I could be wrong but the fuel trim readings should only be used for idle and lower rpms. Once the rpms increase the readings want be accurate and 10% under are over is normal injector are engine concern.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.