Ball Joints

I*C*B*M

Reaction score
Hey guys, I've noticed a little bit of play in my upper right balljoint. I'd like to replace them all. Any suggestions on what parts to use, and whats the deal with those vaccum seals? Any special procedures?
Thanks.

POWER-STRUCK

Reaction score
lisle makes a tool for installing them but with some ingenuity you should be able to come up with something out of pipe and old bearing races

78f100

Reaction score
Moog.... I own a tire store, we have people come in all the time with newer ball joints that are already bad. Most times it's store brand joints that are the worst. We always try to get the customer to go with moog.
Our trucks are pretty rough on joints especially with the dirt roads around here, nothing will last too long on bad roads.

fbilly420

Reaction score
XRF ball joints get my vote. I have installed a few sets and they are great quality. I think I read some where one of our site sponsors is a dealer for XRF. Not sure who though.

I*C*B*M

Reaction score
Never heard of them. I was thinking just the Dana ones from Napa, or Dynatrac. Im open to suggestion, and i dont mind paying for quality, if i get quality.

6speedsd

Reaction score
Not trying to hijack here but Didnt see the point in starting a new thread.

Never fooled with ball joints before. I assume there should be zero play in them correct? Both of my lowers will move just a slight amount if I pry on them. Uppers are tight though. With that slight wiggle in the lowers, does that mean its time for replacement? 2wd truck with stock tires that never sees anything but pavement.

TANK'S 250

Reaction score
Dynatrac's are the best u can buy. moog has really gone downhill lately IMO. my next set I try will be XFR

yup...I've had my Dynatracs for a couple years, running 40" or 41" tires the entire time... and they are serviceable...which is another nice feature...

...I think the entire set cost me $600

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.