Batmowheel discussion thread (rudy's clean up)

Dzchey21

Reaction score
id like to see a batMo wheel in a tow power atmospheric turbo

My honest opinion is that it wont make that much difference. Main problem is it requires 10 people to buy a wheel at 500 each... so you would already have to fork out 1200 for the tow power and then an additional 500 for the new wheel. I don't think you will be able to find 10 people willing to invest in that at the same time on something unproven.

I too would like to see a test on it but i don't feel its a logical risk.

Mavericktkw

Reaction score
well based on what iv seen so far it seems the batmo really shines at bringing out power down low in the rpm range, im about to get about 8k ready to drop in this next fall and wanted something like that with empires billet heads and im saving up this summer for a built tranny this summer.

08SUPERKING

Reaction score
you wright about that but it problably be good for crossbow from swamp's... And still under the price of tow powers and industrails turbos.... even if the wheel was 500 + 1650 for the turbos = 2150 total...
i know there is nothing cheap about hp but why not spend the money wisely if your not going all out...

flame suit on....

Fast-6.0

Reaction score
Remember that the towpower atmosphere charger doesn't use a cast wheel, it uses a precision turbo designed wheel so don't assume that there would be any power gain. We are actually getting ready to start testing a bullseye s475 double batmowheel against a 75mm precision turbo to see which performs better.

Last edited:

Mavericktkw

Reaction score
based on what iv read, i think the batmo will outperform the conventional precision wheel, i dont know that for a fact but im thinking it will, i might be totally wrong thou. good to here yall are going to test them! it would be cool if you could make a drop in s475 like the tow power atmosphere.

Wayne

Reaction score
id like to see a batMo wheel in a tow power atmospheric turbo
...and I'd like a golden toilet, but this will never happen unless batmowheel is proven to be better than precision billet. Then if it actually turns out to be a superior wheel, I'll rob you for your royalties off the idea, and buy my golden toilet.:pimp:

well based on what iv seen so far it seems the batmo really shines at bringing out power down low in the rpm range, im about to get about 8k ready to drop in this next fall and wanted something like that with empires billet heads and im saving up this summer for a built tranny this summer.
tranny=good
batmowheel upgrade=good, but...
If you're going to drop about 8K toward that bill, it'll probably cover about half the cost of empire's liquid cooled heads if they ever enter production with any measure of reliability, not to mention buying everything else. Now here's my big question; WHY ON EARTH would you limit yourself to a batmowheel in the stock atmospheric charger, and then go to the extent to buy something as expensive as billet heads? There are better ways to spend your money my friend. Good thing 99% of the shops out there would talk you out of that priority order.

Remember that the towpower atmosphere charger doesn't use a cast wheel, it uses a precision turbo designed wheel so don't assume that there would be any power gain. We are actually getting ready to start testing a bullseye s475 double batmowheel against a 75mm precision turbo to see which performs better.
I'm REALLY looking forward to the results. no matter the winning turbo of the testing, there will likely be a superior design, and a clear direction for the best air flow.
Seems a no-brainer that if the :clapping:BAT:clapping:MO:clapping:WHEEL:clapping: (chanting in the background as you read this) is the greatest thing since sliced bread, then it would be offered instead of, or in addition to the precision billet wheel. No doubt bullseye puts out a great wheel, and superior to the average cast unit, but all the hype doesn't count for anything unless there's PROOF that it's better than what precision or anyone else has to offer.

would I put a batmowheel in my turbo if someone gave it to me? Sure, as I have a stock 6.0 turbo at the moment. It is also good to see plenty of options for guys to build good power for a specific budget. Rudy: I'd love to see stock vs. batmowheel turbos on the dyno- same truck same dyno, same day. Please be sure to let us know if you ever make this comparison.

Jhaddox

Reaction score
Rudy: I'd love to see stock vs. batmowheel turbos on the dyno- same truck same dyno, same day. Please be sure to let us know if you ever make this comparison.

He just did this yesterday...

Batmo gained 50 over stock and then the billet 71 only gained about 20 over the batmo for an extra 900 and bigger turbo

As for it being a "cult"...I'd take 50 horse for a 400 dollar part vs 70 for 1300

All the nut swinging around here is getting old lately

Link

http://powerstrokearmy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9031

08SUPERKING

Reaction score
Yes the 71mm billet wheel is better then the cast but the batmo wheel is smaller and can pull some weight so what will happen if they made a 71mm batbo wheel...
And good for the testing of 475 over the perecision 75mm... I to would like to see the results...

Mavericktkw

Reaction score
the reason i want the heads is because im tired of hearing all the horror stories of cracking the stock ones, and if empire i think is looking for the final price point to be about 5k, my thinking is if i could get the heads and then a cheap turbo setup like the batmo's i would be able to fix the reliability problem while adding enough air between the two upgrades to equal out to just dumping all the money into turbos. i might be bat sh*t crazy thou. but hey thats why im here, to learn! so enlighten me brother!

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score

Batmo gained 50 over stock and then the billet 71 only gained about 20 over the batmo for an extra 900 and bigger turbo

As for it being a "cult"...I'd take 50 horse for a 400 dollar part vs 70 for 1300

Link

The difference isn't just peak power. Look at the curves. Way more power under the curve with the 71mm and way more power potential. That extra $900 is more than worth it to me.

Jhaddox

Reaction score
The difference isn't just peak power. Look at the curves. Way more power under the curve with the 71mm and way more power potential. That extra $900 is more than worth it to me.

ok, thats great but for someone that just wants a little jump to mid 600s, like a lot of the goals on here the BatMo is more than worth it.

If you dont plan on ever adding fuel to a set up and want a nice bump in HP....id rather pay 400 any day

the average power is about 15 hp more throughout the curve and does extend out further, but i cant justify that much more $ for that benifit

Dzchey21

Reaction score
ok, thats great but for someone that just wants a little jump to mid 600s, like a lot of the goals on here the BatMo is more than worth it.

If you dont plan on ever adding fuel to a set up and want a nice bump in HP....id rather pay 400 any day

the average power is about 15 hp more throughout the curve and does extend out further, but i cant justify that much more $ for that benifit

When your alreadybl paying a substantial labor bill its not that much more

Dzchey21

Reaction score
The labor is there for both set ups though..id rather take that extra 900 add 100 to it and buy a ported intake manifold

Your also getting a whole new turbo rather than just a replacement wheel...

And if your already spending 6k for studs Ect (mostly labor) an additional 900 for a rebuilt turbo makes more sense.

Its all going to come down to what the buyer wants and needs

Jhaddox

Reaction score
Your also getting a whole new turbo rather than just a replacement wheel...

And if your already spending 6k for studs Ect (mostly labor) an additional 900 for a rebuilt turbo makes more sense.

Its all going to come down to what the buyer wants and needs

I guess we just have different thoughts on this

But the 6k, unless you're doing a full EGR delete with a gate, buying the studs, an airdog 165 and the fuel bowl delete block, and then adding in labor you're not going to hit 6k unless you're getting screwed

Dzchey21

Reaction score
I guess we just have different thoughts on this

But the 6k, unless you're doing a full EGR delete with a gate, buying the studs, an airdog 165 and the fuel bowl delete block, and then adding in labor you're not going to hit 6k unless you're getting screwed

I don't know exact costs but im.willing to bet cab off stud job done right would run about 6000 ill see if I can find out but that seams reasonable to me considering labor rates are 85 an hour here plus gaskets Ect

If I remember right I had about 500 in gaskets and parts 1000 in studs and prob 24 hours in labor to do mine

Wayne

Reaction score

Link

Thanks for the link. it was a great read. A big thank you too to Rudy's for the testing. I'm thoroughly impressed with all the testing results

jdgleason

Reaction score

Link

Really depends on what youre going for... if you want a sheet to show your friends that your truck made 6XX for X dollars its great. But, I think most guys are looking for some results at the track and on the street... the graphs suggest that results at the track would turn the tables as far as cost vs return.

:whs:

Latest posts

Members online