beginner on 6.7 modifications

04cr450

Reaction score
This is probably a set of dupid question(s) but I could not find any info on here and want to do this correctly. Going to order the no limit goodies and 5" flo pro down pipe back exhaust in the morning. I understand the egr just gone mod install but that being said- the exhaust.
Simply unbolt the factory exhaust and sit aside, resume with the new exhaust bolt on? Next, unplug all the sensors, "zip tie" them out of the way and that is where the sensor wires will be? Thanks in advance

Profuzz

Reaction score
Top of *** tank ! Install tunes first , unplug all connecters then remove hangers from frame (be ready its heavy !! ) I filled end of plugs w/ dielectric grease . You'll also need 3 bolts nuts and washers if using factory tailpipe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Profuzz

Reaction score
There are a couple vids on YouTube showing all the connection

04cr450

Reaction score
Gotcha thanks guys. Yes I heard from a member(Luke )bought the tuner from to not start truck unless tune is installed etc etc. So basically what I said in my beginning post was correct? Just leave connections hooked.on frame and keep out of way- once all mods are complete, load up tunes and start truck up?

cappa

Reaction score
I would flash the new tune before i did any mods. Then start the truck and make sure it runs but don't drive it like that. If all is good the go ahead and drop the exhaust. The last thing you want is to pull all the emissions equip off and realize there is an issue with the tunes. Never heard of anyone having to disconnect anything on the tank

Profuzz

Reaction score
I meant to top off the *** so the tank is full ,unless your going to remove the tank

schild09

Reaction score
Not trying to hijack thread here but figured this fit in the title. Just got a 2016 350 KR, then left back to Afghanistan so I am using my time wisely... Getting the list of parts together for the truck. Just purchased a spar tan, had one on my 08 and loved the tunes and support, and no limit block off plates. next is exhaust(5") and intake, so question is if I'm just looking for normal weight loss surgery and decent power nothing crazy is the no limit intake going to be worth it over say an s&b.

08Monster

Reaction score
Not trying to hijack thread here but figured this fit in the title. Just got a 2016 350 KR, then left back to Afghanistan so I am using my time wisely... Getting the list of parts together for the truck. Just purchased a spar tan, had one on my 08 and loved the tunes and support, and no limit block off plates. next is exhaust(5") and intake, so question is if I'm just looking for normal weight loss surgery and decent power nothing crazy is the no limit intake going to be worth it over say an s&b.
Absolutely. Get the best and don't look back.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

04cr450

Reaction score
I would flash the new tune before i did any mods. Then start the truck and make sure it runs but don't drive it like that. If all is good the go ahead and drop the exhaust. The last thing you want is to pull all the emissions equip off and realize there is an issue with the tunes. Never heard of anyone having to disconnect anything on the tank

hmm. I thought that if you start these trucks with a tune made for the ******s etc, and truck is stock, it's a recipe for problems.

sootie

Reaction score
hmm. I thought that if you start these trucks with a tune made for the ******s etc, and truck is stock, it's a recipe for problems.

wrong. it is always recommended to load the tune, and make sure the truck starts prior to removing hard parts. Unless of course, you are prepared to either reinstall the components if you have a tune issue, or let the truck sit immobile while you get any potential tune issues lined out.

i always load the tune, start the truck, make sure it will go into gear-then shut it off and start ripping the exhaust off.

04cr450

Reaction score
Sounds good thanks for the clarification^ I didn't know if loading the tune designed for ******s etc will cause code problems and such. Just didn't want to create more problems.

TexAg56

Reaction score
I learned something here too because I was told not to start the truck while running a dleet tune unless it is dleeted! Thanks for the knowledge

sootie

Reaction score
I am talking a run time less than 30 seconds. Definitely don't drive it.

Latest posts

Members online