Belts

Tom@BigTimeKustomz

Reaction score
Anybody replace your belts yet? Truck's got 70k and I'm getting a slight squeaking noise sometimes when the heater is on. Thought it was coming from inside but pretty sure now it's the belts. It's intermittent but annoying as anything and my OCD makes me focus on that even when the radio is turned up. Figure I'll just go with Ford OEM stuff unless someone else has another suggestion.

Jomax

Reaction score
Anybody replace your belts yet? Truck's got 70k and I'm getting a slight squeaking noise sometimes when the heater is on. Thought it was coming from inside but pretty sure now it's the belts. It's intermittent but annoying as anything and my OCD makes me focus on that even when the radio is turned up. Figure I'll just go with Ford OEM stuff unless someone else has another suggestion.

I'm at 80k miles. It's been on my mind to replace and keep the old one as a spare.

I'll be going with Ford. IIRC it's recommended to change the tensioner pulley at the same time?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jacob @ No Limit

Reaction score
I'm at 80k miles. It's been on my mind to replace and keep the old one as a spare.

I'll be going with Ford. IIRC it's recommended to change the tensioner pulley at the same time?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dang, 80k! I felt bad that I've put 51k on mine already! Lol

TXGLASSMAN

Reaction score
im at 150k and don't think ive ever replaced mine, now that you all bring this up maybe I should look at mine and see how it looks

jaynick1

Reaction score
Im at 96k and my belts still look in great shape. Maybe i should replace just for good measure..

mandkole

Reaction score
when the truck is running, give the belt ribs a quick squirt with some wd40 or brake cleaner where it enters a pulley. If it goes away, its the belt. You could have a little misalignment in the accessories and its creating a wear issue in the belt. A Motorcraft belt replacement is fine, as is the new green backed FleetRunner belt from Gates (HD in the part number), or the HD belt from NAPA.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
If youve got a dual ribbed belt it lasts twice as long. Just flip ot over, and youre good to go :hammer:

NEVRNF

Reaction score
Belt replacement is on my list for this weekend. At 155k it is cheap insurance. Bought the Dayco one for mine. Advanced had a 25% off coupon for Black Friday.

Tom@BigTimeKustomz

Reaction score
when the truck is running, give the belt ribs a quick squirt with some wd40 or brake cleaner where it enters a pulley. If it goes away, its the belt. You could have a little misalignment in the accessories and its creating a wear issue in the belt. A Motorcraft belt replacement is fine, as is the new green backed FleetRunner belt from Gates (HD in the part number), or the HD belt from NAPA.

Just wanted to update this thread. I sprayed the belt last week and the noise went away for a bit, but now is back. So I need to change it. Thanks to all who posted.

Latest posts

Members online