Best Brake Pads

Johnny77Mutt

Reaction score
I don't ride or stab them ever, and I have a manual. When I tow I drive like I'm on ice, I start slowing down way ahead of time, trying to make the brakes last. For a 250 I am VERY impressed with the stopping ability when someone decides to make a swift move in front of me. The brakes in my 450 are BEEF!

713Diesel

Reaction score
If you have half your brakes left after 100,000 miles of towing your brakes are not stopping near their potential. A good pad is a world of difference compared to OEM stopping power.

I do not tow much and when I do the trailer always has trailer brakes. I am very easy on my truck. If I see a red light in front of me I start coasting. Also I would say that 60-70k of those miles are hwy.

6 months ago I would agree with you on your last statement. Based on the research that I did I read more negative things about the aftermarket pads than good things. At first I didn't believe it as I have put aftermarket rotors and pads on stock calipers on several Mustangs and got GREAT results. Based on what I read guys were saying that they really couldn't notice a difference in stopping power or pedal feel, they didn't last as long and they were dusty as hell. Like I said this is all from what I read and not a personal experience. The only real positive things I read were the 2-3K kits with calipers and all that good stuff.

Latest posts

Members online