best mcc tow tune?

sonic blue l

Reaction score
Hit me up if I can help with mcc and tunes !! I offer a package deal on them.

Will do.

Currently I'm building a second engine, ih pistons, cam.
My cam should be in this week or the next so I can start putting it back together. (colt stage 2) I didn't want to get tunes on the stock engine, then have to get them rewritten for this one. I do have mcc already though.

actually if you could pm me a price on your tune package and a 72 atmo turbo that would be great. Btw I live in Canada so im not sure if that would be an issue on the parts. Worst case I could ship through my work and it might make it easier. (I don't have any experience with purchases from the USA, generally I just purchase from people in the area, who purchase from the US)

TD-5

Reaction score
"when on decal the harder you press the brake pedal (there is an actual brake pressure transducer as well as just a pressure switch and boo switch) there will be engine braking". "depending upon how hard you press on the brake pedal tow/haul can drop two gears at once".

I never heard of this before, are you saying when you push on the brake pedal the pressure transducer sends a signal to the transmission to downshift?

sonic blue l

Reaction score
I never heard of this before, are you saying when you push on the brake pedal the pressure transducer sends a signal to the transmission to downshift?

exactly. (when in tow/haul) on the master cylinder you have a pressure switch (for cruise as a secondary safety if the boo (on brake pedal) switch malfunctions. trucks with built in trailer controller also have a pressure transducer. (on master cylinder, looks similar to a 6l icp sensor)

So yeah the harder you push the brake pedal, it can drop one gear or drop two. So in a butt pucker moment, it should drop two gears. You can monitor the pressure transducer pid (ive had to replace a few for people who had poor engine braking when in tow/haul for a biased sensor)

Latest posts

Members online