Best options for longevity (engine build)

PowerstrokeJunkie

Reaction score
That is a great job for that price. I bet its a bitch getting the bowl centered in the chuck..

I ran that by my machinist and he said he cant say for sure about a heavier/thicker block diesel engine, however on the gas engines he does not recommend sleeving all cylinders unless necesary, due to the fact on those engines there isnt much block to start with and then cut out a large amount of material to put a sleeve in that isnt fixed into the block it can potentially weaken the block enough to cause issues. He did say it may be totally different on a diesel however a rough estimate of 1100 for 8 sleeves installed swayed me away from it.

jkidd_39

Reaction score
That is a great job for that price. I bet its a bitch getting the bowl centered in the chuck..

I ran that by my machinist and he said he cant say for sure about a heavier/thicker block diesel engine, however on the gas engines he does not recommend sleeving all cylinders unless necesary, due to the fact on those engines there isnt much block to start with and then cut out a large amount of material to put a sleeve in that isnt fixed into the block it can potentially weaken the block enough to cause issues. He did say it may be totally different on a diesel however a rough estimate of 1100 for 8 sleeves installed swayed me away from it.

I think my nature we overbuild everything. I think sleeving done right will only add strength to the block.. however I think the OP's block will be fine

PowerstrokeJunkie

Reaction score
There is a good amount of material between the bores of our engines compared to the space between bores on some gas engines..then get sleeved they probably almost touch.

Latest posts

Members online