best (usable) single turbo street setup?

hobo-stew

Reaction score
We have a local customer with 190 100s we are doing a gt4094 68mm .85 t4 divided on pretty soon.

cant wait to see how that will do. that may be, or be close to where i want to be at for now. im thinking about going with 205-225/100-150's and a 68+mm and staying the conventional injector route.
I've read that conventionals will make more power relative to hybrids of the same size. so until the adrenaline for 05+ model comes out i will stay with one of those choices and move up to larger ones later if need be. maybe at that point ill go compounds, but for now i want to stay with a single.
is that true?

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
conventionals will make more power yes, but hybrids really shine when youre spraying.

peep my sig ;)

hobo-stew

Reaction score
conventionals will make more power yes, but hybrids really shine when youre spraying.

peep my sig ;)

if i change my mind to thinking about spraying, i may consider hybrids, but id really like to run on just fuel, i hate re-filling the bottle. i did it before for cars, it just sucks cause i want to use it all the time!

ive been keeping an eye out on your sig ;) im on deployment right now and no idea when im getting back. maybe if this whole gaza strip thing would settle down... maybe if everything turns out right financially and they are still for sale when i get back ill hit you up on those.

btw, how would they work out on a stock turbo until i get a new one? seeing as you would need my stock sticks in exchange.

hobo-stew

Reaction score
That would be a nice setup. 205s and a 68.

im thinking that would be a real nice setup, especially to start with. i could move up from there, or hey, who knows, i may be happy at that level. alot less to have to upgrade and worry about to start off with. then i guess i could invest later into some headers/nice uppipes/ported intake/diverter valve, other things just to make that setup more efficient. and then if i REALLY need a boost at the track, i could always squeeze it a little bit. ;)

Latest posts

Members online