Best way to drop egts

6foBAR

Reaction score
Looking to drop my egts as much as possible. I'm running mini max on hot (most current update). Airaid intake, 4"dp 5" straight after the dp. I set my de fuel at 1400*. If I get after it I spike up to 1450* way sooner than id like to. Also did anyone notice after the last updates any shifting issues. Part throttle shifts seem to flare the rpms before shifting. Thanks in advance.

sootie

Reaction score
Help out the air side of the equasion. Cold side pipe kit with intake elbow, ported intake manifold. Maybe a drop in atmo charger.

Custom tuning would help you a bit too... try Gearhead's MCC tunes.

3brorce

Reaction score
I would raise defuel to 1600*. 1450* is not hot. I couldnt stand the box HS trans strategy I had to switch back to my custom SCT tunes.

Last edited:

3brorce

Reaction score
Doubtful as low boost fueling is just that, at low boost. At full boost, low boost fueling isnt in the equation really as the truck is at full fueling if that makes sense.

6foBAR

Reaction score
Thanks a lot guys. Now what is the most effective? The intercooler tubes or the atmo. My thought is my egts will still be high if I just changed the atmo and not the tubes. Sorry if I sound like a noob but this is my first ford ever. Only had a few months just trying to figure this thing out the best I can.

jugger13

Reaction score
Elites 72.4 drop in atmo is hard to beat for upgrading a stock setup, especially on a cost-gain scale.
Great bang for your buck there

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.